Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
Cadillac
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First let me set the scenario; I traded in an 09 CTS for a new 2015 ATS Coupe, great car and I love it. However, when I got home I started looking for the iPod connector cable which I had in the CTS (it was provided with the car). Called the salesman and was informed that Cadillac no longer provided the cable, but he would track down my old CTS which they still had for resale and would give me my old one. Picked up the cable and installed the iPod and found some very strange and different things re: iPod operation, please tell me if this is normal or if something is wrong. First, the iPod function is much more difficult to operate than on the CTS, second, there are more processes to get the thing to operate, especially when trying to switch from one album or genre to another and last the indentifcation of song title and artist does not change on the screen but rather stays on first song played until I shut the car off or switch from iPod to radio and then back. I assume the first two are the result of the new CUE system which was supposed to be fixed but the last puzzels me.

12,778 Posts
Hi jpenn,

Congratulations on the recent acquisition of your 2015 ATS. It seems like you are reaching out to the forum for some advice on using your iPod within the CUE system. I’m sorry for any frustrations you’ve experienced while getting used to the updated system, and I would recommend contacting our Infotainment team for additional information on the iPod/CUE functionality. The Infotainment team can be reached at 855-428-3669 from 8am to 10pm EST, seven days a week and they are our experts on the CUE. If they are unable to answer your questions, please feel free to PM me and we can further discuss the situation.

Have a great day,

Austin J.
Cadillac Customer Care

·
Registered
Raven Black ATS 2.0T/ auto
139 Posts
I have my ipod plugged into the usb behind the a/c panel and works fine on my '13. I can make music selections right on the CUE screen. Not sure if the '15's work the same though

·
Registered
Cadillac
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Very frustrated with the iPod system in the car. I called the number provided by Cadillac Customer Care and he was very helpful in running me through the process, however, the Ipod is functioning the same way again, like having a mind of it's own. When I start the car it won't play at all, then ifm I switch to radio then back to iPod via the Browse icon and select something to play it starts but with previous selection from the day before. If I shut the car off and then come back it may play the iPod or it may not. It's not like I don't have alternatives with XM and Pandora but I want the iPod to work properly.

C

·
0 Posts
It is much easier to just simplify the approach and use an sd card or usb thumb drive for music.

12,778 Posts
Very frustrated with the iPod system in the car. I called the number provided by Cadillac Customer Care and he was very helpful in running me through the process, however, the Ipod is functioning the same way again, like having a mind of it's own. When I start the car it won't play at all, then ifm I switch to radio then back to iPod via the Browse icon and select something to play it starts but with previous selection from the day before. If I shut the car off and then come back it may play the iPod or it may not. It's not like I don't have alternatives with XM and Pandora but I want the iPod to work properly.
I’m sorry to hear that the iPod concern wasn’t fully resolved, jpenn. If you’re interested, I’d be happy to contact the dealership on your behalf. Please send a PM my way and we can further discuss your options going forward.

Best regards,

Austin J.
Cadillac Customer Care

·
Registered
2013 ATS 3.6L AWD Premium
54 Posts
If you're like me and have a 160gb ipod, its not a supported device from what I've heard anymore....

I find this in particular unacceptable, given the technology is older than CUE by years, and should easily be supported. Just my .02.

I've found anything above 32GB in size (USB, SD Card) has a high chance of the random crashing of CUE and/or issues with skipping too many tracks.

·
Registered
Cadillac
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I’m sorry to hear that the iPod concern wasn’t fully resolved, jpenn. If you’re interested, I’d be happy to contact the dealership on your behalf. Please send a PM my way and we can further discuss your options going forward.

Best regards,

Austin J.
Cadillac Customer Care
OK, Austin, I'm completely and totaly frustrated with this iPod issue. Today I went out started the car, iPod came on, Changed my selection, it played and I went on my way. Made one stop came back and everything was fine, made another stop, still ok, made a third stop and nothing. No iPod, no illustration on screen and no getting it back. I want you to do whatever you have to do to correct this issue. I hope this issue is not due to problem which drye suggests below. This would be ludicrous.

12,778 Posts
Hello jpenn,

I certainly understand your feelings of frustration towards this iPod concern. Please send me a PM, and I will begin looking further into this situation for you. Have a great evening and I will be looking for your message.

Best,

Brandon M.
Cadillac Customer Care

·
Registered
2014 ATS 3.6 Premium RWD, 2016 Corvette Z06, 2018 GMC Sierra Denali 2500HD Diesel
2,668 Posts
Like the OP I transferred my Ipod from a CTS (2008) to my 2014 ATS however I have found NO glitches with the system. Mine is an Ipod classic from 2008, I bought it at the same time I took delivery of the original CTS.

Mine is plugged into the console connector like I used with the CTS but I wouldn't think that is any different from the location behind my Nav/control screen but I have never tried it there. I still despise Apple Itunes software on the PC but the Ipod itself works fine in my ATS. It displays songs and changes playlists and songs fine via both the touchscreen interface and voice command.

·
Registered
Cadillac
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Took the ATS Coupe in to Crest Cadillac as suggested bt Austin J. Received no satisfaction on either issue (iPod and rough idle)

I was told that the CUE/audio system was OK and that most likely my iPod was an older model which needed to have software updated and that I should plug in to i Tunes for the most recent updates which I did. There is no difference in the performance of the ipod in the car. Still does not play at all, sometimes, other times it will play until I turn the car off but when I turn it back on nothing. Other times it will play whatever it wants to with out being selected and last it will not show the current song being played on the screen.

I also brought the car in for rough idle which has a 30 page segment on this forum. I was told that the idle was set properly for the DI system in the car. My 09 CTS 3.6DI did not have the same issue. I would like these problems resolved.

·
Registered
2014 Red Obsession ATS Premium 3.6L
601 Posts
sorry but what model year and engine is ur ats again?

jpenn said:
Took the ATS Coupe in to Crest Cadillac as suggested bt Austin J. Received no satisfaction on either issue (iPod and rough idle) I was told that the CUE/audio system was OK and that most likely my iPod was an older model which needed to have software updated and that I should plug in to i Tunes for the most recent updates which I did. There is no difference in the performance of the ipod in the car. Still does not play at all, sometimes, other times it will play until I turn the car off but when I turn it back on nothing. Other times it will play whatever it wants to with out being selected and last it will not show the current song being played on the screen. I also brought the car in for rough idle which has a 30 page segment on this forum. I was told that the idle was set properly for the DI system in the car. My 09 CTS 3.6DI did not have the same issue. I would like these problems resolved.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts