Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I finally bought an ipod. I got the Rca to monster cable mini coming out of my deck so the sound will be nice. I have the cable hidden in the center console, and am wondering what is best to mount it to the inner wall of the console? Anyone else done this?

·
Registered
2004 Escalade EXT
195 Posts
I saw were someone had the ipod base mounted where the ash tray is. It looked nice
I would do it just to get rid of the ash tray (even though i myself dont own an ipod most of my friends do)
Ill see if i can find a pic

·
Now: 2008 STS-V, 1960 Eldorado Brougham Then: 2002 Escalade
5,826 Posts
I have my rca cables ran into the center console and when connecting my sirius or ipod I just put it in the cup holder.

There is nothing more permanent that a temporary solution.

·
Registered
2003 Cadillac Escalade ESV
486 Posts
I've seen some mounting brakets that fit nice where the 4x4 controls would be on a Tahoe or Yukon, right above the headlight controller. I'll see if I can find the link. I personally have the cable run to the glove box with some velcro in there to hold the iPod because I cannot stand rattles.

·
Registered
2008 Escalade (not ESV or EXT)
29 Posts
What is the best way to put in the RCA cable setup that a few people have mentioned ? I have both an iPod Video and a Sirius radio that I'd like to use (not at the same time though).

Thanks,
Scott

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
out the back of my jvc deck i have an alpine cd changer cable that ends in 2 female rca's/ then fropm there i have the 2 male rca's connected and the out end is a mini. The mini plugs into the headphones of the ipod, sirius... sounds great.

·
Registered
2005 Escalade ESV
216 Posts
I am running the PAC ipod bypass and I have it in the glove box currently but I would really like to have a dock type set up in the ashtray location. That would be so dirty! Some of you guys are saying that you ran the cable into the center console. How? I have an '05 and mine has a plastic liner (for lack of better description) and I see no way how I could run cable into there without drilling.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts