Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
escalade
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know whats the best Ipod interface to use that wont cause any other problems with any of the other electronics? I cant seem to find a clear answer.

I got a 2008 escalade and would like to have full Ipod control and or rear camera or what ever else i am missing out on.

Thanks,
Justin

·
Registered
2015 Escalade and 2018 CTS-V
320 Posts
iPod: PAC PXAMG + PAC PGHGM1

For backup camera, I just used a PAC GMRVD, but it needs to be re-pinned to work the camera.

·
Registered
1999 Escalade, 2004 CTS, 2003 ESV, Now 2008 Escalade
1,243 Posts
For the IPOD get the Isimple isgm651 you will get 3.5mm plug, Bluetooth audio which is cool and modern "works flawlessly", usb drive to leave a crap load of songs and Bluetooth phone also you can plug the ipod into the usb. I found out the isimple has another port so I can do both the IPOD and USB "you need the extra wire, I did not do that because they stole my ipod out of my truck in a New York parking garage so I bought a 32 gig flash drive and put music on it. I pretty much tried every model and I wound up with the isimple. When someone calls me the radio mutes and shows the caller ID also switches and mutes the radio. I can change tracks on spotifiy and Pandora and shows the song name on screen. This unit works well like it came from the factory. I would suggest to change the mic out that comes with the Bluetooth phone because its not good. I used a Motorola mic. I had from my Bluetooth hands free, I had put in back in 2008. You can buy the mic off of ebay for 10$ and send to me and I can change the connection to 3.5mm, I did this for other members for free from this site. Also you can use the steering wheel to answer the phone and sounds good better than the Motorola. I wanted to put in the newer radio but I have a 08 and it wont work with it. I am glad I went this route because the newer radio does not have the 6 cd/dvd changer, bluetooth audio and tilt. I called oem auto parts and sent my radio to them and they sent me one from a 2009 for 300$ trade in value and the screen is so clear now. I did this because I wanted the nav traffic. I had to also buy a XM receiver from a 2010 and up. If you buy a XM receiver it will come locked so you can send it to a company in Chicago and the will reprogram it for 25$. The only thing I don't have is the lines in reverse and I am going to change my rear camera to a Alpine so I can get the lines and a clearer picture because the factory cam is not that great. I would recommend to get a USB extension so you can run it into the center arm rest so you that way you can do the firmware update without taking the truck apart. The isimple came with the USB jack so I put it inside the center armrest and it looks factory.

I bought the NAV TV because it was the best one. My mirror controls it all, when I push mirror up it will show my front camera "I put a pinhole camera 700 lines for 65$ if you want I can sell you one because I get them wholesale this camera switches to B/W at night and has OSD controls, mirror down shows the rear camera, mirror right will unlock the video in motion and mirror left will let me input my nav directions while driving. Nav TV is #1.

The older PAC adaptors (blue box) where known to short out and cause the radio not to work. Isimple bought out PAC and the Isimple is only 2 years old, I had it since 2013 and no problems.

Good Luck, I did this long essay because I want to share what I have. The front camera is cool at night because it shows better detail than what you see. I installed my camera by my rearview mirror by the headliner.

I could not be happier with my setup, I know you can buy the isimple at bestbuy or you can get online for 150$ or less.

Good luck and if you need me let me know.
Stephan Demeter

·
Registered
Escalade
1 Posts
justinesky said:
Does anyone know whats the best Ipod interface to use that wont cause any other problems with any of the other electronics? I cant seem to find a clear answer. I got a 2008 escalade and would like to have full Ipod control and or rear camera or what ever else i am missing out on. Thanks, Justin
I bought a nice iPod integration for my 07 escalade worked perfect it was a plug and play version full iPod control on screen or my fav the aux cable bought it at rabadi and sons on 35 ave Thomas for around 120

1 - 4 of 4 Posts