Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Banned
2005 STS4 1SG: GM Acc Lights, Corsa, Platnium Grille, Volant
15,987 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
heres what you need
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/USA-SPEC-PA11-VETTE-Corvette-IPod-Adapter-FREE-Ship_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ38636QQihZ007QQitemZ170144308715QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWD1V
yup its that simple
see everyone though it would be a simple connect through the changer, unplug connector and plug into the one that says it works for the fwd Cadillac Cars
WRONG
for 02+ Deville and Seville you plug it in through the XM connector prewired in the back (at least in my car it was already back there the pin outs on the XM for vette and XM for dev/sev are the exact same no repinning required just different colored wires
depending on your application you MAY need the dealer to unlock your XM button on your radio
Otherwise buy that, plug it into the XM connector located on the drivers side wheel well (inside the trunk behind the liner obviously) and you can play, control and charge your ipod through the factory radio
ENJOY!

·
Banned
15,987 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
it should work on any CTS nav or no nav so long as you have the xm harness

·
Registered
2002 STS
87 Posts
My 02 has no XM. I thought this wasn't an option till 03. I don't want to lose my nav, but I would gladly replace the 6 pack.

·
Registered
2002 Cadillac DTS Deville on Vogues and DTS Blades
605 Posts
I never knew you could have the dealer activate/unlock the XM button on my radio. i have an 02 deville dts with stock nav, onstar, bose blah blah blah...... Can it be unlocked in my nav unit? i already have a 6 pack cd changer

·
Banned
15,987 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
major misunderstanding
i have no idea about getting xm to work i have no desire to pay montly to listen to the radio so i never bothered looking into it. i do know you need an antenna and module that non xm cars do not have
this info is how to use the harness for the xm which is prewired into the trunk to get your ipod to work

·
Banned
15,987 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
no
i said you need the xm harness which is PREWIRED into most cars
go into your trunk and look for a connector on the drivers side by the 1/4

·
Registered
02 DTS NightVision "Sled"; Waiting For The Coup
2,172 Posts
I have no such XM connector in my trunk of my 02 DTS. I completely took out the liner (now I have to get a bunch of new buttons) and there was no connector/harness for XM.

·
Banned
15,987 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
humm
maybe divvys dont have it....
or maybe its an 03 thing?
either way if your into some wire working with nav systems we worked a way for an aux input for it for both video and audio

·
Registered
'99 SLS
83 Posts
Great find CaddySTS2003!

I am definitely going to do this in my car, ever since I switched to the Nav unit, I have been regretting the loss of my ipod2car.

My 99 SLS with 2002 nav obviously doesn't have an XM harness, so I am going to have to make one.

That said, can anyone help me out and provide the wiring diagrams for 2002 nav XM?

Thanks in advance, when it is done, I will post complete instructions!

1 - 20 of 36 Posts