Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2008 Cadillac CTS DI
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am wondering if anyone who has picked up their CTS has had an iPod USB cable included with their car. Mine did not, so I bought one at the Apple store over the weekend. The functionality didnt really work the way I thought it would, so I decided maybe I should read the manual. When I did, it indicated I need a "special" USB cable from GM that was included with the car or could be available at the dealer later. The manual was pretty vague regarding if it was supposed to be with the car or even when you could order from Parts at the dealer.

Has anyone else got one of these cords? How does the iPod work with the radio?

·
Registered
2008 CTS 3.6DI
34 Posts
I have a Nav car, though I dont know the model code for the audio system, and mine came with the cord. It was in a plastic bag in the center console and it is a little different than normal iPod connectors.

The actual connector that fits the bottom of the iPod is thicker and of course it has the two outputs at the other end. I'd check with your dealer and tell them that you have a missing part - maybe they'll hand one over at no cost.

·
Registered
2008 Cadillac CTS DI
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you for the updates!

I DO have the nav radio so, like each of you, I would think that it should have been included. I stopped at a different Cadillac dealer over lunch to try to order one, but they called aftermarket accessories and they were told the cords havent gone into production yet?!? Clearly they didnt know what they were talking about.

This is helpful, now I just need to track one down as there was not a cord in my center console. I did, however, have some plastic parts in my truck that have Saab labels on them?!?

·
Registered
2008 CTS 3.6DI
34 Posts
Thank you for the updates!

I DO have the nav radio so, like each of you, I would think that it should have been included. I stopped at a different Cadillac dealer over lunch to try to order one, but they called aftermarket accessories and they were told the cords havent gone into production yet?!? Clearly they didnt know what they were talking about./QUOTE]

I called my sales lady today after reading your post to ask her about the cord issue - she got her 08 CTS last Wednesday with the Premium Luxy Pkg and hers didnt come with the car either. She inquired after a new shipment of cars came in on Friday night (my car was amongst those) and all them those had them included. She said that depending on production date, earlier-built cars didnt ship with them because they werent ready at the time. Evidently the service guys told her it was no problem to order a replacement now.

Hope that helps and good luck!

·
Registered
2008 Cadillac CTS DI
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks, that is helpful. Mine was produced on July 30th, so was one of the first produced. (I even went to the factory and saw it being built) Now I've just to track down a dealer that knows enough about this to be able to order one!

Thanks!

·
Registered
2,019 Posts
all the ones I have sold have the white cord included.

Scott

·
Registered
2017 XT5 and 2014 Corvette
1,183 Posts
Mine was built August 4th and did not come with the iPod cord. I have the Nav radio. I asked my dealer about this today and they promptly ordered one for me at no cost.

:cheers:

·
Registered
2,190 Posts
The first few production runs didn't include the cord, as the supplier hadn't provided it yet. The PDC is sending cords to all dealers who got a car wihtout it, so ask your dealer to please hold one for you when it comes in, as it was supposed to be included with car.

FYI- the black "SAAB" pieces in the trunk snap over your silver door lock strikers. Whoever did the inspection at the dealer forgot to install them.

·
Registered
None anymore
240 Posts
Yeah, I have the Aux jack too since I don't have the NAV Radio. So where do we get this cord?
If you have just the base radio, then all you need is a normal 3.5mm headphone cable. The radio won't control it, it will just take the audio from the iPod. You need one of the two upgraded radios to have full control.

·
Registered
2011 CTS Coupe
584 Posts
Thanks to you guys, I asked for the cord at delivery. At first the sales staff was baffled, but produced a cord while I was in the F&I office.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts