Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
'00 DeVille
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since I got my Ipod, I've wanted to get it hooked up to my '00 Deville. I know there's the cassette adapter, FM signal adapter and the Axxess digital inference unit. I've heard good and bad things about both the cassette and FM adapters, but I also want a much cleaner install and better quality music. This brings me to the Axxess GMIP-01 seen here: http://wwww.jpcustoms.com/store/customer/product.php?productid=16985&cat=&page==

Clean install, Ipod controlled by the headunit, etc....I have a few problems with this though, which I'm hoping I can get some help on here for.

1) Application guides only say 02-05 Escalades(as far as Cadillacs go on the app guide). Has anyone used this on a Deville, particularly an 00 Deville with base radio?

2) One other thing stated was that you needed cd controller or XM controller functions. Well I don't have either, maybe the cassette controls work? Has anybody installed this on a factory radio with only cassette and working fine?

:thumbsup:

·
Registered
'00 DeVille
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
DanDan said:
It will not work with your radio.

DanDan
That's the one thing I didn't want to hear.

I guess I'm not meant to listen to good music in the Caddy? I mean it's a PITA to get an aftermarket headunit installed, and I would really like to not have to get a factory CD player b/c I know I want to add an amp as well.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts