Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
08 CTS
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a first generation Ipod Mini, when i plug it in using the handy provided cord it says "Device not recognized" and goes on an infinite loop trying to recognize the device.

Is this Ipod to old to function correctly? which Ipod's do work?

·
Registered
08 CTS 3.6L DI FE2 RWD NAV, OEM Spoiler, D3 CAI, LOADED
203 Posts
1st Generation iPod Shuffle? There are some iPods that are not compatible. The shuffles are the worst for compatibility regardless if you are running the latest firmware or not.

As others will confirm on here, the cheapest & easiest way to go is to buy a memory stick. I am a lifetime Apple user and rather than use my iPod Touch in the CTS (yes, it works fine, but I fear leaving it in a hot car in Florida), I bought a Crucial Gizmo memory stick. It works great & cost $22.

·
Registered
08 CTS 3.6L DI FE2 RWD NAV, OEM Spoiler, D3 CAI, LOADED
203 Posts
Ooops... I meant to add iPod Mini and other older iPods - my former iPod 3G wouldn't work either. Think if it's at least 2 years old, regardless of the firmware, it won't work. Some time ago, I read an article about iPods saying they really are only made to last 2-3 years. Apple has the ability to manufacture them to last longer, but then Apple wouldn't sell new iPods :)

·
Registered
09 CTS 3.6 Metallic Red, 11 Subaru Outback, 04 Malibu Maxx
278 Posts
I beleive on 4th generation and new ipods will work

·
Registered
08 CTS
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Its a 1st generation Ipod Mini, to my knowledge no new firmware has been released. Thumbstick seems to be my best bet.

Thanks

1 - 6 of 6 Posts