Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
Cadillac
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm leaning towards installing a aux plug for my ipod. My only concern is that I have a stock radio non bose system leading me to believe it's gonna cost a arm and a leg:bighead: :thumbsup: . Any info anyone??

·
Registered
> BMUU
14,388 Posts

·
Registered
Cadillac
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No I don't so or at least I would hope I'm not ignorant enough not too know I do have.... So I gotta say nope

·
Registered
2003 CTS
228 Posts
If you had the xm module adding aux would be easier, especially if you didn't want to keep the xm.

Since you don't have it you need something like the nuculus that simulates the xm module power signal and will allow you to activate the xm band on the radio and play your aux through that. I think your only option to play an aux through the xm band is one of the aftermarket devices like the ones for ipods.

I tried to add an aux input without xm or having one of these devices and could not do it. I have not tried any of the other devices or know how much they cost. I'm sure others here have done it though.

Also if you have the grey dash early 03 model, it does not have an xm band so you can't play an aux through that.

·
Registered
2006 CTS 2.8L
2,471 Posts
I think I am going to buy a Nucleus within the next few days. I really need to use my iPod Nano more. It's literally sitting in my room next to a Kensington FM-Transmitter which is moderate quality at best.

·
Registered
Cadillac
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
No I have a black dash... Does that mean that I might have aux in the back of the stock radio? Also does anyone know a list w/ prices for the parts to get this done??? Thanks guys!!

·
Registered
Cadillac
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
My thought is if I am able to get all the parts at a reasonable price I would be willing to have a shop do the install just so that it can be done right:thumbsup:

·
Registered
Cadillac
62 Posts
question guys:

i got the nucelus and all the parts, but i was wondering if the install has to be done before i can get it tech2'd to give me the XM band?

or can i get the xm band acivated b4 installation?

·
Registered
2003 CTS
228 Posts
You have to install it before the tech2 can unlock it. It has to have a signal to enable the xm band.

The black dash only means you have the software in your radio to enable the xm band that is needed for aux. The software can't be enabled until there is a signal it thinks is xm. Grey dash ones didn't have this software I don't think.

You are still probably going to have to use something like the nuculus to get aux to work

1 - 12 of 12 Posts