Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2010 CTS Sportwagon
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm a new owner of a 2010 CTS sportwagon with the Bose stereo and I've been having problems with the stereo recognizing my iphone and some issues with it working with my ipod.

First, it won't recognize my iphone 4S when I plug it into the USB port in the center console.

Second, it will recognize my 80 GB ipod (4th gen I think) but it doesn't recognize the audiobooks on there as audiobooks. It also has stopped playing music from it for no discernable reason, twice. Has anyone else run into issues like this before?

Also, it won't recognize any of the playlists on the ipod, but I don't know if it is supposed to.

Any other tips or tricks for optimizing ipod interaction would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
2010 CTS, LUXw/Nav & Sun Roof, RWD; 2012 SRX Performance FWD
92 Posts
You need the special iPhone/iPod cable that you can buy from the dealer. It has the iPhone plug on one end and a USB & RCA(??) jack type plug on the other. Look in the center console and you will see the jack receptacle and USB plug next to each other. Once you have that it should work and charge your device.

·
Registered
2011 CTS
35 Posts
I just bought a 2011 CTS with the Nav and Bose system. It did not have the harness that BriggZ mentioned so I found it on Amazon. BTW: There is a forum member here who can get one to you also.

I just bought a new Windows 8 phone. I leave my iPhone 4 in the car for Aux music. My system recognizes the iPhone and all playlists. It is very nice.

If you don't have the cable mentioned try one. A USB cable alone does not work. Good luck.:thumbsup:

12,821 Posts
I found the following information on audiobooks for you, nnordstr. I hope it's helpful!
"The audible.com® playback requires activation of the vehicle as a player for downloaded content. The radio system activates the audible.com® system when information is found on either a CD inserted into the CD/DVD player or if a USB storage device is connected. The Vehicle Identification Number (VIN) number is a required
in order to activate the vehicle" (p. 6-33 from your manual).

Congratulations on your new car, as well! If you should have any warranty/recall/vehicle build questions, or if you were going to work with a dealership on a vehicle concern, we're available to help! We can be reached either via private message on the forum or by email ([email protected]).

Sarah (Assisting Katie), Cadillac Customer Service

----------

I found the following information on audiobooks for you, nnordstr. I hope it's helpful!
"The audible.com® playback requires activation of the vehicle as a player for downloaded content. The radio system activates the audible.com® system when information is found on either a CD inserted into the CD/DVD player or if a USB storage device is connected. The Vehicle Identification Number (VIN) number is a required
in order to activate the vehicle" (p. 6-33 from your manual).

Congratulations on your new car, as well! If you should have any warranty/recall/vehicle build questions, or if you were going to work with a dealership on a vehicle concern, we're available to help! We can be reached either via private message on the forum or by email ([email protected]).

Sarah (Assisting Katie), Cadillac Customer Service

·
Registered
2016 XTS Premium
1,811 Posts
Dont forget to check SOUND CONFIG for each audio source that supports Bose Centerpoint to get the best audio surround sound.

·
Registered
2010 CTS Sportwagon
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I purchased the AC Delco cable mentioned in this post so it sounds like all my issues should be cleared up in a few days when it arrives. It would have been nice if my salesman would have known about this. I plugged in my iphone after signing everything and he was baffled that it wasn't recognized with just the USB cable plugged in.

Thanks for all the help.

·
Registered
2010 CTS, LUXw/Nav & Sun Roof, RWD; 2012 SRX Performance FWD
92 Posts
nnordstr said:
I purchased the AC Delco cable mentioned in this post so it sounds like all my issues should be cleared up in a few days when it arrives. It would have been nice if my salesman would have known about this. I plugged in my iphone after signing everything and he was baffled that it wasn't recognized with just the USB cable plugged in.

Thanks for all the help.
We are all glad to help. Not making excuses for your salesman but I believe the later models only require the Apple/USB cable. I know my SRX just requires the USB and everything works well.

·
Registered
2008 CTS-AWD DI ( Hot Lava Edition )
123 Posts
Hello,

New member here. I bought a USB cord for my Android phone and its hit or miss. If you change it from mass storage to charge then back to mass storage it will reconize my audio files and folders ect. When I phug in the headphone jack I get nothing at all. EVER!!! The usb is the only thing that gets results. Also, the cords I have always found that are GM friendly are Iphone cords. Mine is a basic usb.

·
Registered
2008 CTS4 DI Premium (SOLD) / 2013 XTS Luxury (TOTALLED) / 2015 BMW 328i XDrive Lux
1,970 Posts
Xtant12 said:
Hello,

New member here. I bought a USB cord for my Android phone and its hit or miss. If you change it from mass storage to charge then back to mass storage it will reconize my audio files and folders ect. When I phug in the headphone jack I get nothing at all. EVER!!! The usb is the only thing that gets results. Also, the cords I have always found that are GM friendly are Iphone cords. Mine is a basic usb.
Do you have the upgraded system? I ask because I have no problem using any 3.5mm cord with my phone/iPod. I just have to switch it to the aux input.

·
Registered
123 Posts
I dont know? All I know is if I only have the cord plugged in I get nothing at all. Like if I want to play pandora or music on my phone I cant, but when I plug in the usb sometimes it will reconize it and sometimes not. If it doesnt i just change the mass storage option on the phone to charge, then select back to mass storage and it normally works.

If there is a upgrade how do you do it? Softwear at the dealer??

Please advise because I would like to cancle XM and just use pandora!!!

·
Registered
2008 CTS4 DI Premium (SOLD) / 2013 XTS Luxury (TOTALLED) / 2015 BMW 328i XDrive Lux
1,970 Posts
Xtant12 said:
I dont know? All I know is if I only have the cord plugged in I get nothing at all. Like if I want to play pandora or music on my phone I cant, but when I plug in the usb sometimes it will reconize it and sometimes not. If it doesnt i just change the mass storage option on the phone to charge, then select back to mass storage and it normally works.

If there is a upgrade how do you do it? Softwear at the dealer??

Please advise because I would like to cancle XM and just use pandora!!!
I did need an update at the dealer because of the sound cutting in and out among other weird issues with it. If you have the HDD, you have the upgraded system. When I connect my Nexus to the car, I don't use the USB, just a 3.5mm "headphone size" cable using the aux input. (Switch to AUX on the touchscreen as well)

·
Registered
123 Posts
OK I see now. The cord ( headphone plug ) does not work at all. I will have to call the dealer to see if there is a softwear issue..

I did need an update at the dealer because of the sound cutting in and out among other weird issues with it. If you have the HDD, you have the upgraded system. When I connect my Nexus to the car, I don't use the USB, just a 3.5mm "headphone size" cable using the aux input. (Switch to AUX on the touchscreen as well)

·
Registered
1,970 Posts
OK I see now. The cord ( headphone plug ) does not work at all. I will have to call the dealer to see if there is a softwear issue..
I would. I just tried it again this morning... when the cable is plugged in, it should automatically switch to the AUX input. ( with or without the phone connected)

The dealer should be able to provide the update at no charge as its a firmware issue...good luck.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Talked to the dealer today. They said as soon as you plug any 3.5 cord in the aux it should come up on the radio. They wanted me to bring it in and let them check it out. They wanted to charge me 125.00. Can you believe that???

·
Registered
1,970 Posts
Xtant12 said:
Talked to the dealer today. They said as soon as you plug any 3.5 cord in the aux it should come up on the radio. They wanted me to bring it in and let them check it out. They wanted to charge me 125.00. Can you believe that???
They are correct BUT 125 dollars for what? They must be desperate for customers.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Turns out it has to be apple software generation 7+ to work. And they said there is basically no way to stream music. You have to load it to a iPod.

·
Registered
1,970 Posts
Turns out it has to be apple software generation 7+ to work. And they said there is basically no way to stream music. You have to load it to a iPod.
They're wrong there. I use my Galaxy Nexus phone to stream Pandora from time to time when I get bored from XM...I just use that 3.5mm cable.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts