Cadillac Owners Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
5,309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here are some iPhone pics until I get some really good high resolution pictures posted of my new 2011 Black Diamond CTS-V Coupe.

Pictures don't do it justice! It looks amazing in person! This car is one attention getting machine! That's all I can say! Thanks again to James Quinn at Les Stanford Cadillac in Dearborn, MI. Without his dedicated hard work, I would not be driving this badass car. He was able to make it happen. I don't know how he did it! This color was unavailable and from my understanding is still on constraint.

·
Registered
76 Eldo Convert,83 Deville Patriot,77 Deville,89 Brougham
136 Posts
CTS-V-TWIN

Looks nice. What do you think of the paint? Was it what you expected or better? Bet it looks cool at night under street lights.

·
Registered
13 Volt, 2008 Outlook XR (05 CTS Blk/Blk Traded-in)
662 Posts
That's Awesome!

·
Registered
5,309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
D307P,

I love the way the paint looks! The car looks like it was custom done. It doesn't look like a factory setup at all. It looks WAY better than I expected it. I haven't seen it under street lights as of yet. The paint really pops in the sun. In the shade, it looks like charcoal gray. In the dark, it looks like a black car.

shade,

The pics I took were at the clear bra place. I had the clear bra done today with the car just under 100 miles.

I love the car more than any other car I have ever had. It is an amazing looking car!

e6t,

I hear ya! I don't plan on crashing it, but you never know.

·
Registered
2013 6MT V wagon, OBM, 2009 silver V sedan (traded)
4,537 Posts
Holy smokes, that is a hot color. :drool: Lucky bastage.

·
Registered
2010 CTS-V 6MN Thunder Gray; 07 SRX AWD N*;
1,219 Posts
Bee-you-tee-full!!!

Congrats and enjoy!! Drive safely only in the best of health !!

Best regards,

Elie

·
Registered
2011 CTS-V Coupe
92 Posts
How much of it are you getting covered with the clear bra? What's it running you if you don't mind me asking. I haven't looked into it yet...

Beautiful color by the way! Love it!!!

·
Registered
5,309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
thatcoder,

Yes, I did a 24 month lease term. After awhile, rock chips make the front end look terrible and if I decide to purchase the car at the end of the lease term, the front end will be in perfect condition.

RafCon,

I had the front bumper, front quarter panels, headlamps, mirrors and partial hood done. Basically anywhere a rock would contact the front end is now covered. It ran me $685.00 installed out the door.

Thanks guys for the kind words! I love the car!!!

·
Registered
76 Eldo Convert,83 Deville Patriot,77 Deville,89 Brougham
136 Posts
With the clear bra, do you have to do anything different when waxing or claying the car? Would clay or wax damage the bra or yellow it?

·
Registered
5,309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Waxing and claying should be fine.....it worked on on my vette.....waxing will only protect it further
I had the clear bra on my 2010 CTS-V Sedan and it protected the front end more than I can tell you! It is well worth the investment. You can wax it, but you just have to make sure to get all the wax off before it dries and turns white. Once it turns white, it is tough to get off. I just gotta tell my detailer to make sure he doesn't wax the start of the clear bra so the lines don't turn white. Right now the clear bra is 100% invisible. You can't tell that it's even there.

·
Registered
'14 CTS-V LongRoof; '16 ATS-V Sedan,' 04 Trailblazer 4x4; '10 CTS LongRoof gone but never forgotten
17,542 Posts
Nice. I just have to see one "in the flesh."

·
Registered
2004 XLR & 2011 CTS-V Coupe Black Diamond Edition
17 Posts
Got my Black Diamond this past Saturday. (Cadillac of South Charlotte, NC) Am very pleased with it.

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Luxury vehicle Motor vehicle

1 - 20 of 25 Posts