Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
Cadillac
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there an adapter out there yet for the iPhone for an '07 Escalade with Nav? I want to be able to play my iPhone with steering wheel controls & NAV screen controls. I've talked to a couple shops locally here in Scottsdale, AZ and they don't know of any. The only solution they can come up with is an AUX input wherby I have to control everything through the phone. They think volume will work on the steering wheel but they're not sure. On top of it all they want about $650 to $700 to install everything. Seems like a lot of money for something that "might" work. Anyone have any thoughts? :hmm:

·
Registered
2012 Escalade, 2014 SRX
13,353 Posts
I can use my IPhone or IPod with my neuclues adaptor that I have been using with my IPod for a year now, after seeing it on the coastal site I plugged my IPhone in and it worked, charged it too. ;)

·
Registered
Cadillac
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks for the link and info. That really helps. I have 2 more questions. 1) Is it really as easy to install as the video shows? 2) Can you use the steering wheel controls to change the tracks and/or volume? Thanks.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
2012 Escalade, 2014 SRX
13,353 Posts
I have the gen 1 IPOD from neuclues and can not use my steering wheel controls to change tracks, volume works fine. The Gen 2 IPOD adaptor is being sent to me. Install takes about 5-10 minutes at the most, very simple.

·
Registered
Cadillac
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So the adapter you have is the same one in the link above? Can u change tracks with the iphone or do you have to use the nav screen?

·
Registered
2012 Escalade, 2014 SRX
13,353 Posts
I have the nueclues adaptor, not the coastal although they look the same. Yes you can use the IPhone to change the tracks just like with the IPod.

·
Registered
Cadillac
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for the link. Does anyone else have any feedback on either of the units linked to in the thread before I go buy one? Any feedback would be helpful. Thanks! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2007 Escalade EXT (Sold)
260 Posts
Does the neucleus for the 07+ escalades have the same computer error problems as the previous gens did? I'm opting to wait for the GM Personal Audio Link to be available for the escalades than use a 3rd party adapter that throws service stability errors every 30 minutes.

·
Registered
2012 Escalade, 2014 SRX
13,353 Posts
Does the neucleus for the 07+ escalades have the same computer error problems as the previous gens did? I'm opting to wait for the GM Personal Audio Link to be available for the escalades than use a 3rd party adapter that throws service stability errors every 30 minutes.
Have not had any errors with mine, use it for hours at a time coming and going from Montana to PA

·
Registered
Cadillac
23 Posts
How do you go about getting the GM Personal Audio Link? Does GM contact you to bring your vehicle to install it? I've read a couple of articles on it and all it tells me is that it will be available end of 2007.

Also, where do you guys get information on GM's news on Escalades? I had no idea about this stuff if it wasn't for this site.

Thanks,

John

1 - 19 of 19 Posts