Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
XT4 RED SPORT
2,390 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have tried out the wireless charging and my iPhone 8 Plus doesn't seem to want to charge in the wireless holster under the center counsel area. I have tried moving it around and positioning it dead center but no luck. Is there anyone that might know why the green lighting bolt charging icon will come on for 10 seconds and then it goes to a yellow/gold lighting bolt and doesn't seem to be charging?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
2016 Escalade ESV, 2017 GMC Sierra 6.2
1,708 Posts
The owners manual says yellow lightning bolt means they could be an object in the way of charging. Thick phone case?

·
Registered
XT4 RED SPORT
2,390 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The owners manual says yellow lightning bolt means they could be an object in the way of charging. Thick phone case?
Thanks for your reply. Sorry, I forgot to mention that I had read that section in the owner's manual. I made sure there was nothing in between my cell phone and the charging pad. I even took off my phone case thinking it might be interfering with the signal.

Then I thought it might be my phone having issues/ problems so I decided to take it to Verizon store to see if it would charge with my case back on it with their wireless charging pads. It worked fine there so I then decided to take off the case once again to try the XT4 wireless spot, it still didn't get any wireless connection. I might go back and try adjusting the position of the iPhone by moving the adjustable bar up or down to see if it centers better with the signal connection spot on the charging pad.

If that doesn't work I will have the dealerships Tech person try and help me get the phone to charge wirelessly.

·
Registered
2019 XT4 Sport AWD - Crystal White / Jet Black
104 Posts

Then I thought it might be my phone having issues/ problems so I decided to take it to Verizon store to see if it would charge with my case back on it with their wireless charging pads. It worked fine there so I then decided to take off the case once again to try the XT4 wireless spot, it still didn't get any wireless connection. I might go back and try adjusting the position of the iPhone by moving the adjustable bar up or down to see if it centers better with the signal connection spot on the charging pad.

If that doesn't work I will have the dealerships Tech person try and help me get the phone to charge wirelessly.
Don't have the identical device but this sounds like a charging pad (defective?) issue. iPhone 8 Plus is listed as a compatible device for XT4: https://my.cadillac.com/how-to-supp.../bluetooth-smartphones-wifi/wireless-charging

You probably have done this already... but just in case: have you tried rotating the phone upside down (180°) as suggested in instructions in addition to all of the above movement/repositioning you already did?

FWIW, we have 2 iPhone XSs - one with a slim case and the other without a case and wireless charging works for both devices without any issues.

·
Registered
XT4 RED SPORT
2,390 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Well well I was finally able to figure out my connection problems with the XT4's wireless charging pad. After trying out many different scenarios, I moved the adjustable cell phone holder bar down to the bottom slot to lower the position of the phone to see if that would help me out with a better connection and Voila it worked! Apparently, my larger size iPhone needed to be down to the bottom slot to better match up with the charging unit's pad.

I now can charge my iPhone 8+ in my XT4. I am also able to send out text messages via through voice commands too. So now I am a happy camper!

Thanks for everyone's feedback and help. :highfive:

·
Registered
2019 XT4 Sport AWD - Crystal White / Jet Black
104 Posts

I now can charge my iPhone 8+ in my XT4. I am also able to send out text messages via through voice commands too. So now I am a happy camper!

Thanks for everyone's feedback and help. :highfive:
:2thumbs:

·
Registered
2018 XT5
711 Posts
I was wondering why my 11 pro max wouldn’t charge as its same as 8+ as far as charging guts go. After a little looking I see that rubber stop is move able depending on phone size. Moved it one up from bottom and it works.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts