Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
Cadillac
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone mounted an iPad in their unit? Debating on not doing the Tesla screen and just doing a new iPad. Just not sure how to mount it. Would keep all current stereo just have iPad connected via usb

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2 Posts
After a lot of research and measuring I believe there are 2 secure ways to do this. A frame rail mount with a telescoping arm, which you would have to look down at and away from the road to see your IPad. Or If you want to keep your eyes on the road use what I chose: Remove your clock and put a Ram Mount RAM- B-111B 6 1/4 x 2 in its its place and use a Ram double 1” socket long arm (6” I think) and a RamTablet Holder to hold the IPad, which you can swap out with a Ram Mount x grip IPhone holder on short trips and use a shortEr 3” arm. I put a multi port Quick charge plug in my console and ran a 6’ USB charge line to the ball mount To keep units charged while on long trips using Waze and GPS. The ram ball mount I used is a RAM- B-111B 6 1/4 x 2 that I got on Amazon for $12.99. I had to cut it down a little but it is very securely held by a few small nuts and bolts and a backing plate. The iPad and phone can be adjusted so the fit at just the right height without obstructing your view and the iPad is very securely mounted (they use these on off shore fishing boats). I used a Gliston 33 pc Auto trim Removal kit $14.99 to disassemble the dash and console and some YouTube videos for tips.

·
Registered
Cadillac
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have taken the dash apart before. How is the clock held in there? that is a great idea!!!! Can you send a pic of yours?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
Cadillac
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just ordered all the parts! Fingers crossed on this project!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2 Posts
Have been vert busy opening my winery. I believe 2 screws held the dash clock in. When IPad is installed, by sliding it into the spring tensioned mount, all you see is the iPad and the frame of the mount. Hope it worked out well for you.

·
Registered
Cadillac
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It did work perfect thank you for the idea!!! Hope the winery is doing good!! Best of luck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 8 of 8 Posts