Cadillac Owners Forum banner
21 - 37 of 37 Posts

· Premium Member
Cadillac Escalade
14,490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Looks sweet. But I just don't see how it's going to have any more chassis integrity than the massive convertibles from the 60s.

I know they will say "high-strength steel" "undertray bracing" etc etc. But I don't buy it. You can't have more than 2 seats if you want a convertible with decent handling. Unless you don't care. I suppose a boulevard cruiser can suffer cowl shake.
In my opinion the convertible is only for "cool" factor. This design is going to go into the full-size flagship planned for the Omega platform. We'll probably see a similar theme influence on the rest of Cadillac's lineup as well.

· Registered
Cadillacs Deville, soon to be Omega or Ciel.
61 Posts
I agree, the convertible is just a cool factor, I suspect the real car will have a roof similar to the current CTS/Sixteen. GM is just testing the waters with the overall design of the front, rear and sides. I suspect the front end of any such car would look more like the Converj. However there was a time when GM made wonderful full size( and I mean much larger than the DTS) convertibles that were amazing machines. I fondly remember them as a kid riding around in the folded up part and staring up at the stars.

BTW, the Ciel has a length that is just about the same size as the current DTS, S-class, 7 series. So its going to be reality in some form close to this.

· Registered
2006 STS N* 1SE
2,403 Posts
Interesting size notice...

Ciel concept - overall: 203 in., wheelbase: 125 in.
2011 DTS - overall: 196 in., wheelbase 116 in.

wow - longer overall & all of it plus more in the wheelbase. Sounds like an adult may fit in back.

I'm very intrigued by this. Will it be making the car show tours this winter?

· Registered
02 Escalade | 02 Corvette "Goldilocks" | 03 Blazer 4x4 | 92 Caprice Wagon LS1/T56
19,785 Posts
Okay, I'm in the "under 21" crowd and I'm in love with this car. Kids today... pfft. :lol:

Furthermore, @ MacMuse, adults fit very comfortably in the back of a DTS in my experience. Last summer, five of us fit quite comfortably in a rental DTS. :)

· Registered
2,190 Posts
Interesting size notice...

Ciel concept - overall: 203 in., wheelbase: 125 in.
2011 DTS - overall: 196 in., wheelbase 116 in.
The DTS is actually 207.6 inches long.

· Registered
See my sig...
8,098 Posts
I'm seeing a lot of '67 Eldo in this beast. Skip the suicide doors and the 4-door vert. Make a real coupe and sedan, and a 2 door, large vert if there's cash. Oh...and I will laugh if there's no V8 option...

· Registered
Cadillacs Deville, soon to be Omega or Ciel.
61 Posts
I think the FBI guys usually drove Lincolns and the pimps and evil guys drove the Elodrados/Cadillacs, excluding the Presidential Cadi Limo.

I had not thought of a 2 door version, thats intriguing. My first car was a 79 coupe-deville-Fleetwood, possibly the most incredibly well built car of all time.

I too would laugh if there is no V8. I am a bit disappointed its shorter than the DTS.

21 - 37 of 37 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.