20 Posts
Bill here ... new to this forum

2008 XLR-V
VIN last 7: 5601369
London, ON Canada
Light Platinum with Ebony
has the only option available (other than color) - chrome wheels
I've installed a Wind Restrictor

(sorry, I can't figure out how to insert an image here)
08 XLR-V (roof down) 1b.jpg

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hey, I'm new here but I don't own a Cadillac (yet). Every time I go to our local wal-mart I see one of these sitting at the very end of the parking lot. I'm pretty sure it belongs to the General Manager (or whatever they're called). I'm going to try and snap a shot of one the next time I go.

Sweet car by the way, everyone. How on earth do get to buy one of these?

·
The Last Good Gremlin
2,654 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
a) save your pennies (lots of them!)
b) sell drugs (faster than saving)
c) rob a bank (faster than selling drugs)
Lol..I was actually wondering about how a person orders one. I couldn't find it on the website. I guess I found out why..

Calendar Year Total American sales
2003 875
2004 3,665
2005 3,730
2006 3,203
2007 1,750
2008 1,250
2009 787

That sucks...I guess there are a lucky few on this board.

·
Registered
20 Posts
GM didn't produce any XLRs in 2010 ... they are in chapter 11. 2009 was the most recent year for production. I've heard they will resume production in 2011 or 2012 ... depending on the health of the economy ... to drive demand (albeit tiny) for them.

·
Super Moderator
22,398 Posts
:cool2: See this was a nice quiet thread till you showed up. :hide:
You went out and bought my dream car in my dream color. If you notice a brown man in a white convertible circling your block over and over, don't be alarmed.

I'm just drooling. :D

·
The Last Good Gremlin
2,654 Posts
You went out and bought my dream car in my dream color. If you notice a brown man in a white convertible circling your block over and over, don't be alarmed.

I'm just drooling. :D
Just yesterday, I was in your neighborhood and thought, if I had the time I could have my sister come over in the ESC-V and toot the train horn in front of me while circling the block until we heard you crying in agony and envy.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Introducing Myself:
New to this Forum
Dan Gouker
South Central PA
2005 Light Platinium Nickel Silver
Int. Beige / Tan
Bought Used from local Dealer 3/25/11
Miles Then -53,000 / Now 60,000
Vin. 6YV34A0
Add ons:
Corsa Exhaust
King Pennington Cadillac XLR Windrestrictor

Attachments

·
Registered
591 Posts
I don't have one, but I think the 2006 and up models are some of the most beautiful cars GM ever built. Horsepower won out on my current car. But, when I bought a used,
dare I say, Jag for my wife, I didn't even think about the XLR. Hummmmmmmm, maybe there is still hope. I just have to come up with the right reason to sell the Jag and
the need to buy the XLR. Cecil.......... :banghead:

21 - 40 of 70 Posts