Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
Cadillac DHS
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello guys,

( I posted this in the lounge and thought I would re post it here and see what I would get back in responces. in addition to the problems. my dhs is in the shop and i'm having to get a new temp senser, EGR Valve(what is that?) and a sensor that switches the a/c from dash to defrost.)

just joined the forum and hope I can be of some help or maybe you can help me. I own an 02 Cadillac DHS and I absolutely love it. Till the Torque converter had to be replaced and now the a'c is not working right and my right rear window is off its track. (I think) and last but not least, when it rains I get water in my trunk.

Other then that. my car is perfect.

So, what is the difference from the DHS and the DTS?

(I read some of the differances and I wouldn't trade my DHS for a DTS for anything. I love the chrome rims and the the analog display. I really love the shades in the back. perfect for those ah uhm..well you know...)

as a mod. would it hurt anything to have a sun/moon roof put in?

near were i live? lets have a beer and share caddi stories...lol

Santos

·
Registered
03 DTS
225 Posts
Water in the trunk or more specifically down in the spare tire hole? The spare tire hole on some had a bad seal issue letting water from the rear tires get sprayed against and eventually into the spare tire hole. How many miles on it?

·
Super Moderator
White Diamond '03 DHS (with DTS floor shift)
86,979 Posts
EGR = Exhaust Gas Recirculation. (Emission control)

DHS is luxury oriented while the DTS is performance oriented. DHS has 275 hp with a 3.11 final drive (more low end torque and better gas mileage). DTS has 300 hp with a 3.71 final drive (better top end performance). DHS has a softer ride and column shift. DTS has full console & floor shift.

http://www.new-cars.com/2003/2003-cadillac-deville.html

·
Registered
Cadillac DHS
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Water in the trunk or more specifically down in the spare tire hole? The spare tire hole on some had a bad seal issue letting water from the rear tires get sprayed against and eventually into the spare tire hole. How many miles on it?
my car has 90 thousand miles and I believe its coming from either the license plate area or the break light assembly because the water leaks out the trunk lid when its raised. The spare tire area is damp only.

Santos

·
Registered
'04 Base Deville, Light Platinum - blew HG & SOLD
164 Posts
Also, I'm getting this message to service the stability system. Anyone know what this pertains to?

For what its worth, I have a 04 Deville and this message has appeared a couple times.
Per the 04 Deville manual, it says if the Stability System message appears, shutoff the engine and restart.
If the message appears (after restart), then have it checked out.

I suspect it can come on as a result of some agressive driving. I seen it the first time after turning a corner hard. The second time was after a brake job.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts