Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello

I was thiking on getting some Intrax 1 and half inch lowering springs. I found a very good deal on a set of 4. I have few questions. Have any one come up on any of those? How do they feel once installed? Would I also need a camber correction kit for my Catera after they are installed?

Thanks if you can answer any of my questions.

Ls1 Catera Project.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Hey homies. . .

What i found out is that intrax springs are more for performance I think then Ibach springs. Ibach springs are more for comfort and all round performance. I am still not sure which once to get. Also for schocks I wanted to get Koni Yellow sport shocks but again stock once got some sort of sensors on them not sure yet what they are. Web site I found Koni shocks for Catera sad they should fit perfectly. I am still thinking of suspension before I get my hight performance rims and tires.

Well good luck witha all your set up's I just thought it would be nice of me if I share what I am up to down here in Northern Cali. I am probably one of only Catera tuners around my area where I live.

Catera Project.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank's for your helpufull info

Yes I am thiking to get some racing rims and some all season hight perfrormance tires, but first I want to get done with suspension and have my car looking lower. Also getting rims and tires after would allowed me to check what suspension all about without wory to damage my rims, but once I get new rims and tires I would drive very safe.

Thanks all

keep tuning.

catera project.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Tuner catz

Work done very very well ! I hope you can max your cars off with some money from god's of funer catz. See I hope tuning and I fun in this club can become more of a team and suporting it one day as a TEAM. I think I be getting Rims's Tire's and then get free shock's and just order out some INTRAX springs. My suspension set up for now should be INTRAX lowering product with Senti Track Manro extra comfort socks product. Some random rim a tire secret combo of mine for under 1.000$. I will haller at you soon and tell you more story of CTS's Short On Point I hope every one injoys that and suports the tuner.

Thanks every one

( quick question thinking about tranny of Catera with very good milage and extra taken care off should it able to handle more then 250HP? If so I think it was set up for over 260HP mark at the wheal HP?)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Man...I didn't understand ONE WORD in your post...

Ls1 Catera project said:
Tuner catz

Work done very very well ! I hope you can max your cars off with some money from god's of funer catz. See I hope tuning and I fun in this club can become more of a team and suporting it one day as a TEAM. I think I be getting Rims's Tire's and then get free shock's and just order out some INTRAX springs. My suspension set up for now should be INTRAX lowering product with Senti Track Manro extra comfort socks product. Some random rim a tire secret combo of mine for under 1.000$. I will haller at you soon and tell you more story of CTS's Short On Point I hope every one injoys that and suports the tuner.

Thanks every one

( quick question thinking about tranny of Catera with very good milage and extra taken care off should it able to handle more then 250HP? If so I think it was set up for over 260HP mark at the wheal HP?)

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Question how fast do you want to go?

Well I already taken off the line with good driver vs names as Mazda Yeah the new 6..... It been beat by my Catera which now even got custom foggers. Just think about it all and become a club of Baddest CAddic racing 4 door sport sedan.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Ls1 Catera project said:
Tuner catz

Thanks every one

well, ill answer the part I did understand (the postscript), from what I have learned the Catera tranny is the same one thats on the BMW M5 which puts out around 400HP, so I think your still fine. :)

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thank you

I am very happy with my performance gains.
Since its kind of cold here I tooken resistor mod out like it recomend at cold weather and car runs better now. I will put it back to get even more power at hot weather it only takes like few minutes to do.
Once car kick up and hits 3.000RPM + then their is a huge pull to back seats and after that only god knows it gets up to 60 in like about low 7's which is very good for being almost stock and still being heavy of a car. I cant wait for rims and tire's, suspension bodie work and carbon fiber racing hood and trunk and other etc's. Nothing flashy no stickers or crazy bodie work just pure tuning. Some more power would be also on the way. I think I am keeping the car as a project till it gets stolen from here. I also cant wait to work on my sound system which is expensive because I am putting something better then now. I want to wire in a very nice deck with flip down display something with good brand around 600$$ together with good deal. All that have to be wired with all new hook up and new speakers which output more power then stock once. Then I am thinking on getting more powerfull sub then my stock one, after that I be mostly done with sound system. I cant have one of the huge box set ups because car needs to be on less heavy side. By the way now I got some cool fog lights custom put in after I taken out stock lights now it looks way better and they are actually stonger then top head lights.

I will keep you all posted and if I can get pictures again I will post then but for now their are some old pics in CTS short on point forum.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts