Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
Started with '04 BR V, moved on to '09 Slvr V, now '13 CRT coupe
1,957 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those of you that don't wander over to the ATS-V forum:

Starts about 2 minutes in and is predominantly a discussion about the ATS-V, which is enlightning. But he does cover a few points on the third gen CTS-V also.
Note: The way I heard him say it, he has heard the pleas for a manual transmission in the CTS-V, but IMO don't think it will be happening based on his commentary.

·
Registered
2004 CTSV(killed), 2005 CTSV(killed that too). 2004 DTS.
1,576 Posts
He made it sound like the ATS-V could be a little quicker than the V3. Unless I was hearing him wrong. Can't wait for the Ring times.

·
Registered
Gone; ‘09 V, ‘13 V coupe. Curr; ‘14 PG Vsport prem w/Kona interior
6,177 Posts

·
Registered
2009 CTS-V
2,840 Posts
cboone09 said:
The ats v is slightly quicker than the cts v in a 1/4 due to weight and torque
If I'm understanding this, the word is the ATS-V is quicker than the V3 in the quarter? That's gonna sit like bad Mexican food.

·
Registered
2009 CTS-V (TR-6060, Black Raven/Ebony, Recaros, Ultraview)
1,654 Posts
If I'm understanding this, the word is the ATS-V is quicker than the V3 in the quarter? That's gonna sit like bad Mexican food.
I believe the comparison is to the V2 not the V3.

The way I heard him say it, he has heard the pleas for a manual transmission in the CTS-V, but IMO don't think it will be happening based on his commentary.
I'm glad that he received a lot of e-mail from the manual transmission camp. I agree that it is probably not happening in MY 2016. If it happens later, a lot of us will be in other cars. What kind of marketing+bean counting is that for a halo car? It least the Germans listen to their enthusiasts.

·
Registered
2009 STS
65 Posts
I'm actually talking about the v2 and v3 the Cadillac ATS-V will beat both in a 1/4 and road course due to its power to weight ratio. The ATS-V is supposed to be able to do about an 11.30 1/4 mile on street tires. That's why it's the fastest Cadillac Ever made

·
Registered
2012 CTSV coupe
1,585 Posts
I'm actually talking about the v2 and v3 the Cadillac ATS-V will beat both in a 1/4 and road course due to its power to weight ratio. The ATS-V is supposed to be able to do about an 11.30 1/4 mile on street tires. That's why it's the fastest Cadillac Ever made
He said the ATS-V would do 12.2 @ 115 in the 1/4. Thats awsome but that V2 territory. The V3 will be in the 11s. As far as a road course you may be right but we will have to wait and see with that. Straight line the V3 will most likely be the quickest of all Vs. And the ATS V looks like it may have a shot at the being the track king. But ill hold my horses on that till i see some track times.

·
Registered
6,177 Posts
I wouldn't pay attention to what cboone09 says. This is another of his enlightened automotive observations.

"Actually Cadillac statistically has the worst resale value of any vehicle sold in the U.S. They are the only vehicle that averages a loss of approximately 89.7% of they're value within 3 years of new purchase vs the hyundai Genesis sedan that loses approximately 34.85%. Face it the Korean market has dominated the luxury car market and engineering."

·
Registered
2012 CTSV coupe
1,585 Posts
I wouldn't pay attention to what cboone09 says. This is another of his enlightened automotive observations.

"Actually Cadillac statistically has the worst resale value of any vehicle sold in the U.S. They are the only vehicle that averages a loss of approximately 89.7% of they're value within 3 years of new purchase vs the hyundai Genesis sedan that loses approximately 34.85%. Face it the Korean market has dominated the luxury car market and engineering."
Wow. Shockingly bad BS.

·
Registered
2009 STS
65 Posts
He said the ATS-V would do 12.2 @ 115 in the 1/4. Thats awsome but that V2 territory. The V3 will be in the 11s. As far as a road course you may be right but we will have to wait and see with that. Straight line the V3 will most likely be the quickest of all Vs. And the ATS V looks like it may have a shot at the being the track king. But ill hold my horses on that till i see some track times.
Hard to believe?....yes...but this is what happens when you integrate top tier Japanese engineering and design in one of these cars. The ATS-V is pretty much a rebadged and repackaged Nissan GT-R.

·
Registered
6,177 Posts
Da V-Man said:
C'mon guys - this moron is intentionally make absurd comments to elicit responses from you. It's not worth your time, so don't feed the troll.
Yep. That is my point. This person has been posting nonsense like this all over this forum.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts