Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Why?? Just run water injection and gain power while also keeping the motor clean.
Because I like the look, was a fun project, never made anything like this before so I did it. On top of that water/ meth injection does not stop puddling in your intercooler.

·
Registered
Charger Scat Pack- Auto/Corvette LS3-Auto
2,430 Posts
Man, you do some nice plumbing. I would love to see the look on a dealer tech's face when he opened the hood.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Man, you do some nice plumbing. I would love to see the look on a dealer tech's face when he opened the hood.
Thank you 1st attempt at herdline I wanna reroute one it did not come out well but I figure let’s test it first.. dealer would cry

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Nice work! Want to do a catch can on my LGX?
I actually enjoyed this project I’d take on another but this isn’t done. I still need to polish all the lines and mount. And these cans are junk I’m baffling them once I have proof of concept.

·
Registered
2014 ATS 2.0T + 2011 CTS4
27 Posts
Just an FYI, mY 2014 HAD 31k miles, ex rental car so im sure it was flogged to death. IC was dry, very little oil residue in the hot or cold pipes. Barely see any on my finger. There was half a bottle cap full in my intake elbow. Moral of the story, this whole pcv and IC and oil in the intake was made up by a florida shop to make money. But again, your setup looks great and I applaud you for it.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Just an FYI, mY 2014 HAD 31k miles, ex rental car so im sure it was flogged to death. IC was dry, very little oil residue in the hot or cold pipes. Barely see any on my finger. There was half a bottle cap full in my intake elbow. Moral of the story, this whole pcv and IC and oil in the intake was made up by a florida shop to make money. But again, your setup looks great and I applaud you for it.
I can assure you.. New Jersey.. that my intercooler was pouring oil when I swapped it out for the front mount.. my intake track was Full of oil before I swapped it out. So certainly not made up, def car to car though.
I appreciate the compliment

·
Registered
2,430 Posts
Couldn't agree more. That's why i sold my Mishimoto setup before I traded the car. I added a $5 check valve and that took care of 90+% of the oil/mist that got onto the intake.

·
Registered
2,430 Posts
Nothing made up about oil control issues on the 2.0T....I've seen the intercooler puddling first hand.
There are 2 sources of oil/mist. One is the rear PCV valve that runs to the turbo and the other is the T'd line from the 2 side PCV valves. 90+% of the oil/mist comes from the T'd line while under boost. This is the line I added the check valve too.

·
Registered
2014 ATS 2.0T + 2011 CTS4
27 Posts
nothing made up about oil control issues on the 2.0t....i've seen intercooler puddling first hand.
lmao!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

To have that much oil in the IC tells me there was another more serious issue going on. I have over 1000 HARD miles with almost 50 WOT pulls not a SINGLE drop of oil in the catch can or pipes let alone enough to 'puddle'. But hey, more power to ya selling the snake oil fixes to uninformed.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
nothing made up about oil control issues on the 2.0t....i've seen intercooler puddling first hand.
lmao!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

To have that much oil in the IC tells me there was another more serious issue going on. I have over 1000 HARD miles with almost 50 WOT pulls not a SINGLE drop of oil in the catch can or pipes let alone enough to 'puddle'. But hey, more power to ya selling the snake oil fixes to uninformed.
As stated over in the Camaro forums..

All these motors are different some get a ton of oil in the intake tract, some none again as stated this is out of the box.

You yourself said you are new to this motor again over the Camaro forum.. in June.
You yourself in Camaro forum state why not use al electric vacuum pump as you used to back in the day to help with crank case pressure.. turbo motors have a bigger issue with crankcase pressure.

Don’t go in circles or spew bs when you have no true knowledge on this motor.. diablo mike isn’t making This part has no connection to mishi, no connection to me besides I bought a diablo tuner..
I don’t have a business not plan on making one for this.. I’m not selling snake oil.. I may make a few for people with issues but not everyone has the issue.

Pooling of oil in intercoolers or piping is noThing new on forced induction motors crank case pressure is a problem with pcv systems for emissions.

If you don’t have the problem stay away from it no prob not concerned more power to you, but plenty of us do.

·
Registered
2 Posts
There are 2 sources of oil/mist. One is the rear PCV valve that runs to the turbo and the other is the T'd line from the 2 side PCV valves. 90+% of the oil/mist comes from the T'd line while under boost. This is the line I added the check valve too.
Do you have more details on this check valve install?

I have the LTG in a Malibu 2.0 LTZ. Same PCV plumbing concept as the ATS and Camaro. I looked very closely. She has over 92k miles and ever since it was around 50k miles, she drinks about 2 qt every 5000 miles. We drove a 5400 mile road trip across the US and I had to pour in over 2 qt of oil during the trip, so it wasn't under hard WOT boost conditions. Most of it was 75 to 80 mph cruising, some we're engine braking due to the steep downgrades , climbing 20,000 feet elevation or descending mountain passes.

All of the oil is getting sucked through the crankcase vent tube that is attached to the air inlet right in front of the turbo compressor wheel. On my Cobalt SS Turbo LNF, this same hose has a 1 way check valve installed at the factory which only permits clean air going back to the crankcase. On the LTG this tube freely flows both directions so oil is getting sucked into the turbo during boost due to the high vacuum upstream of the turbo. I feel a check valve on this tube might solve the oil consumption issue.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I DMd Oemtech and it looks like he plumbed the check valve through the factory braided hose. The Malibu seems to use the same clean air crankcase tube setup as the other LTG platforms. I heard from a vendor that GM allows for this oil to be sucked in by the turbo to clear it of vapor fumes but my Cobalt SS LNF has a check valve from GM.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'm no boost expert, but that doesn't seem like sound engineering. I'd feel better with a check valve in place. I might have to message him and see if he has any pics of where he placed it. Tape and a cut-off wheel should make quick, clean work of the braided hose.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts