Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
Cadillac
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have a 99 cat....my radio (which is factory ) is intermittent. While playing it will suddenly go off simular to unplugging a tv before u turn it off, hope thats a good discription. No clock or anything, then it makes a swoosh sound, like exhaling. clock comes back on then I know the radio is working. Can,t really pinpoint it to hitting bumps or not. I know it sounds funny but it does make a swoosh sound .

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
Cadillac
22 Posts
Try replacing the K134 Multifunction Relay Module (part number 90 494 163). Location is mentioned elsewhere in this forum. It's about $53 from gmpartsdirect.com, and it's a 10-minute job to replace, once you find it.

OK, here's how to get to it (mine's a 2000 Catera--I assume it's the same for your '99, but not sure):
1) Remove sound-deadening panel that sits directly above the pedals. Also removing the knee bolster (panel covering fuses) might give you a little more room.
2) Get on your back, feet out the driver's door, and slide in so your head is next to the accelerator pedal. Now look toward the fender for a gray box (K134 module), about the size of a thick pack of cigarettes.
3) Note the orientation of the module, then push directly up on the module to remove it from its bracket.
4) Push clip on plug and pull plug out of the module.
5) Plug in new module
6) Orient the module as it was when removed, then position it above the bracket and slide directly down until it seats.
7) Replace sound-deadening panel.

·
Registered
Cadillac
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
More info....just found out here recently that my trunk will not open with the inside button or the key control when the radio is not working.
Any ideas ?

thanks in advance

·
Registered
Cadillac
22 Posts
Inoperable trunk and fuel door releases are also typical symptoms of a faulty K134 multifunction module. These problems occur intermittently, but in concert with the radio shutoff.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts