Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2005 SRX N*V8 RWD; 1999 DeVille Concours
514 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My friend Len has a 2003 White Diamond Escalade EXT - beautiful and plush - but he has been plagued with an "unfriendly NAV"; he did the A to D GM OnStar/ NAV upgrade and has had several service calls as well as several replacement (??) units installed since.
He maintains that his current system is "heat sensitive"; ie, it operates fine for the first few minutes, then quits working until he turns the car off for a couple of hours whether air is on or not, then all over again.
Our dealer says they cannot find a problem (what else should they look for??)
Has anyone else on this forum had similar experiences with your NAV, either original or retrofit?? If so, what do you suggest for Len??
I'm a "cheapie"; Escalades are too big for my garage; but I love my 2005 N*V8 RWD SRX w/o NAV so I have no suggestions for him.
Can you help Len?? Thanks in advance!!

·
Premium Member
2006 STS V8 AWD, '95 Ford Ranger
28,973 Posts
NAV and OnStar do not share any circuitry or equipment except for a few minor audio features. They are not interconnected and have completely dissimilar functions. What seems to be going wrong?

·
Registered
2006 Cadillac Escalade EXT
2,090 Posts
I noticed in the winter if i have the heat on full blast after a while of driving the nav will freeze and quit working.. it will get lost on the map and do other wierd stuff.. however if i turn the ac on for a little it gets better.. sometimes i would need to stop and restart the truck to reset the nav or just turn the radio off sometimes works.. however i noticed most of my problems come since i have added the switch to make inputing address available while driving.. i think i have a loose connection which may cause some of my issues but def when the heat is on for a while it causes some disturbance with the Nav.. this is on my 06 EXT

·
Registered
Cadillac
22 Posts
I was in Palm Springs over the last couple weeks, and noticed that on my 2006 when it gets too hot inside (usually after sitting for a while outside) I get a message on the touchscreen. It says something like 'Temperature too high - certain functionality is disabled' and I can't use the NAV. After a while a message comes up saying full functionality is now available and it works after that.

·
Registered
Escalade
81 Posts
I have the same problems but it's the opposite..
When I go up to snow country and the Escalade sits outside for the night..
When I was driving back home the Nav just showed Tahoe and the cursor never moved all the way until I got back into San Francisco..It remained frozen until the next day and then it worked normally again.
But this happens each time I go to the cold..
Heating the car doesn't help any either..

1 - 7 of 7 Posts