Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
'06STSV(sold), '13 SHO
616 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an intermittent buzzing coming from my center console. Yes I checked to make sure the wife had not left her cell or the kids left a toy, neither was there, but that is what it sounds like....
bzzzzt

I thought it might be the rear heating opening closing but I turned that system off and still get a buzzine every once in a while. any ideas?

·
Registered
2006 STS V Tango int
2,341 Posts
Didnt you say something about having the shift to park issue wonder if it's a neutral safety switch trying to engage and not fuctioning fully

·
Registered
'06STSV(sold), '13 SHO
616 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This buzzing is during normal driving though, not when I am sitting still.
Isnt thre a damper for rear heating in the console? maybe I am hearing it open/close?

and yes I am having now severe shift to park issues, car is at home today because it would not shut down yesterday even after I got under car and messed with the linkage.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Could be your DVD drive for maps spinning up, or, it could be our HVAC switching from fresh to recirculation mode.

·
Registered
'06STSV(sold), '13 SHO
616 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My hvac is set to automatic, next time I hear the noise I will switch it to manual mode and see if that quiets it down.

Maps switching would be in the dash and I have not been running NAV? But will keep that in mind!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts