Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
CTS-V
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone had an luck with dealerships fixing interior noises? I have a rattle coming from where the driver's seat belt comes out of the driver's side cabin wall. Also have a rattle coming from the passenger side front door handle.

My warranty ends this year so thought I'd look into having it fixed.

·
Registered
cts-v
71 Posts
Better off figuring it out on your own unless there's a TSB available. No real luck when ever I brought mine in.

·
Registered
2009 CTS-V
2,840 Posts
Do you have a sedan with a sunroof? If so I'm putting my money there. I can hear a rattle like a plastic section in the frame rattling above my head on the highway.

·
Registered
cts-v
71 Posts
They tried fixing my sunroof rattle too but reinstalled the racks and weatherstripping incorrectly which later resulted in a little puddle originating from the sunroof controls and the interior electronics becoming wet. Took 2 trips to have the "fix" fixed. All I know is, from past experience, that a small rattle here or there is better than the tech messing with it.

My thought is that a mechanic is not going to enjoy spending hours dismantling and reassembling the interior to fix a rattle and get paid 0.5 warranty hours.

·
Registered
Gone; ‘09 V, ‘13 V coupe. Curr; ‘14 PG Vsport prem w/Kona interior
6,177 Posts
^^This. I won't let a "tech" touch my V for a little rattle noise (fortunately my V doesn't have any). Too many stories like this one.

·
Registered
Raven Black 2016 ATS-V Sedan A8
516 Posts
They tried fixing my sunroof rattle too but reinstalled the racks and weatherstripping incorrectly which later resulted in a little puddle originating from the sunroof controls and the interior electronics becoming wet. Took 2 trips to have the "fix" fixed. All I know is, from past experience, that a small rattle here or there is better than the tech messing with it.

My thought is that a mechanic is not going to enjoy spending hours dismantling and reassembling the interior to fix a rattle and get paid 0.5 warranty hours.
Agree whole heartily

·
Registered
CTS-V
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah that's why I thought I'd ask. My two rattles aren't a huge deal. I saw that someone posted a youtube video of the same rattle I have in the passenger door handle, so I guess it's not too uncommon.

·
Registered
2012 CTSV coupe
1,585 Posts
Weird. I dont have any rattles. And im very paranoid about getting one. I heard one once and got freaked out about it looking all over for it. Turned out it was just my sunglasses i stuck in th passenger's side visor. My V is super quiet. Except for the Kooks headers... :)

·
Registered
'14 CTS-V LongRoof; '16 ATS-V Sedan,' 04 Trailblazer 4x4; '10 CTS LongRoof gone but never forgotten
14,158 Posts
I have a slight squeak from the right side/dashboard area. I am terrified to take it into the dealer, so I will probably go for a long drive with someone else at the helm and try to find it myself.

·
Registered
2014 SRX Performance, 2013 CTS-V
501 Posts
I have zero rattles in my 2013 sedan. I traded a 2010 G37, that I had for 5 year,s for the CTS-V. The G37 also had zero rattles, even though there were numerous complaints on the G37 forum concerning rattles. I'm either lucky or it helps to live in Florida where we have very good roads.

·
Registered
11CTS V Wagon, 14 F250, 2010 FJ, 2004 Avalanche, 2015 X3
144 Posts
Do you have a sedan with a sunroof? If so I'm putting my money there. I can hear a rattle like a plastic section in the frame rattling above my head on the highway.
I have this too...like styrofoam rubbing coming from sunroof behind my head. Of course dealer had no idea - I knew I was wasting my time! I turned up the music!!!

·
Registered
92 Posts
Experience has taught me to leave it alone. Typically, if I bring a car in for interior rattles, those same rattles eventually get worse and new ones are created.

LA

·
Registered
2013 CTS-V estate
1,240 Posts
Maybe it's something your dealer's techs have heard before and know how to fix. Maybe it's a mystery and they'll tear apart your interior and not find anything. If you've had good experiences with your dealer's service department, have them take a listen and get their take.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts