Cadillac Owners Forum banner
2K views 21 replies 10 participants last post by  doorknob 
#1 ·
was the cts ever made with differnt color pilars and headliner? black perhaps? dark grey? or has it always been tan? im interesting in doing a black headliner but that would require blacking all the hardware ( oh shit handles, sun roof control box, rear light box, visors) unless they're made in black. anyway.. thanks

#3 ·
According to the cadillac website, interior pillar color matches the interior color you've selected for your vehicle.
Ebony Interior - Pillars and headliner are black
Gray/Ebony Interior - Pillars and headliner are gray
Cashmere Interior - Pillars and headliner are tan

#7 ·
yes everything but the pilars and headliner were black. the color WAS called neutral... if you look in the parts lists for 04's there was no such things as black pilars. only neutral and grey. the all blacked out is new for 06. my car was an 05 new from factory. it does seem weird but it looks fine for now. but thats why i want to change it

#10 ·
There is not a dark headliner available. All automobile manufacturers use a lighter color on the headliner. This is to keep the driver and passengers from feeling "closed in". At least this has been the case in recent history. People were suffering from anxiety from being trapped in their car. The lighter color makes it seem more spacious.:rolleyes:

#12 ·
onephatguy said:
There is not a dark headliner available. All automobile manufacturers use a lighter color on the headliner. This is to keep the driver and passengers from feeling "closed in". At least this has been the case in recent history. People were suffering from anxiety from being trapped in their car. The lighter color makes it seem more spacious.:rolleyes:
Cant be true, I've seen plenty of cars where the headliner is the same color as the rest of the interior. Matter of fact I just went to an Auto show last night and didnt notice one car that had a mis-matched interior.

#14 ·
My 05' is black leather, and my pillars and headliner and buttons and such are all eggshell white. I don't think I'd want black. I've noticed in some Mercedes and even though mine is Alpaca grey with grey headliner, I know the CLK came with black leather and cream headliner, but the S-class is black headline with black leather.....hmmmm

#15 ·
BishopRuger said:
Cant be true, I've seen plenty of cars where the headliner is the same color as the rest of the interior. Matter of fact I just went to an Auto show last night and didnt notice one car that had a mis-matched interior.
Check again. It is usually not that noticable. I have actually test drove cars thinking the interior is one color and then trying to order it that way and finding out the opposite. Cars built for auto shows do not follow the same criteria. Modern production cars will have this lighter headliner due to the facts I talked about earlier. Go down to any dealership of any make and see for yourself. :yawn:

#16 ·
BishopRuger said:
This is not on cars with a light interior. A biege or gray interior may still have the same color liner. Most (maybe not all) black interiors have a lighter headliner.

#18 ·
newton said:
my friends golf gti has all black headliner and pilars and seats
And what year is the Golf? I just sold my Jetta and it followed the same pattern of a dark interior (seats, dash, and carpet) with a light headliner and pillars.

#19 ·
My Moonstone 05 has Ebony interior and the pillars and headliner are grey. Not sure how black would look but I would be interested in seeing it.

#20 ·
i just started changing my pilars over to black. a little awkward since the headliner is still tan... but ive got plans for that ;) i need a parts list for the black hardware : handles n speakerpods visors n such. anyone? beuller? anyone?

#21 ·
newton said:
i just started changing my pilars over to black. a little awkward since the headliner is still tan... but ive got plans for that ;) i need a parts list for the black hardware : handles n speakerpods visors n such. anyone? beuller? anyone?
No help but several of us are looking for a 2006 parts list for other reasons and can't find any. You would think the body shops would be among the first to get them. I'm sure an '06 has been wrecked already.
Cadillac MotorSports can black chrome body parts.

Newton,
Didn't you experiment with some designer printed fabric for your interior?

#22 ·
bladehack said:
Newton,

Either your car or my car was made wrong, lol. I have black on black and my interior headliner, pillar fabric, sun visors, sunroof switch, etc, are a light grey in color.
I have an 06 Light Platinum with Ebony interior and my pillars, headliner, visors, and sunroof switch are light grey.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.