Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All,

I'm looking for pics of the front and rear seats of Eldo, STS's and SLS's... I am going to be changing the seats out of my FW because they are not supportive enough for "spirited" driving...

So could you please help me out and post some pics of your front and rear seats, and the controls for the front seats if possible too. Hopefully they'll be on the seat.... I'm looking for comparisons in the fdifferent model years.

I saw a 96ish Black Eldo in a boneyard the other day and the seats were SWEET! But it was a snokers car and stunk to high heaven... Peeee - Yeeeew....

Thanks guys!

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
Sure, here are pictures of Neutral interior with Shale accents, on a 1997 SLS.

Front seats: http://jadcock.oldsgmail.com/cadsls/images/slsfront.jpg

Another front picture: http://jadcock.oldsgmail.com/cadsls/images/interior.jpg

Rear seats: http://jadcock.oldsgmail.com/cadsls/images/slsback.jpg

Sorry, I don't happen to have one with the controls -- they're on the sides of the seats, in the standard GM location. I believe the Devilles and/or Fleetwoods may have had them on the door. Not sure what yours are.

I drove an Impala SS before I got this car (not to buy it, just curious). The seats were really nice -- huge leather chairs. I did slide around a little bit. The Seville's seats (and Eldorado -- same front seats) are much cozier and sportier -- but you still slide around a bit.

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Jason,

That's what I was looking for. :) I especially liked the comments. :)

So these seats don't hold you in place too well? Are they supportive? How's the lumbar? Heated? How are they on long trips?

Thanks! :D

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
As far as comfort, they're GREAT. 4-way lumbar (you can adjust the lumbar in and out, plus actually MOVE the lumbar bag up and down, all power controls of course), 2 heat positions (hi and lo), 8-way adjustments (front up, front down, back up, back down, seat forward, seat back, seat back up, seat back recline). They're great on long trips. They'd make wonderful seats for your Fleetwood.

But they are leather (slippery) and they don't have much side bolstering. They are Cadillac seats after all. :) So I still slide around a little bit. Not too bad though.

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Cool. :)

Could you possibly get me a few pics from the front and the side views? I'd also like to see the rear seat backs. :)

Are the heater and lumbar controls also on the seat? If not, can you grab a pic of them too?

Thanks!

I think I may have found my new seats!

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
Bill, it's really nasty outside right now. I apologize for not being able to get you those pics tonight. I'll take them for you as soon as I can. I hope to take the car out this weekend... Sorry to make you wait so long!

·
Registered
7,658 Posts
You may even consider getting some other type. The seats in my Q are very comfy, but are very supportive. I have done my fare share of "spirited" driving, and i have yet to slide around. If you want pics, goto my website. If you want more, i can get those to you very soon.

·
Registered
1,576 Posts
I think he wants seats that can be bolted on with no fab. work.
He may want to keep it all Cadillac

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Jason, No problem, take your time... :) I'm not doing this swap immediately. Hell, if it'd get warmer than 12* here, I'd go check out a few used car lots myself. :)

Oh, Jason, do they have the seat belts built in to the seats? :confused:

But yeah, I would like to stay GM. I know the 92-97 Bonneville SSEi 12 way leather seats fit with little modification, so I am fairly sire I can make the caddy seats work ok too. :)

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
No, the seat belts are independent from the seats. There is a leather strap on the inboard side of each seat to hold the seat belt latch close at hand (very "handy" actually). Other than that, they have no connection to the belts.

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
jadcock said:
No, the seat belts are independent from the seats. There is a leather strap on the inboard side of each seat to hold the seat belt latch close at hand (very "handy" actually). Other than that, they have no connection to the belts.
Ooooh goody. :) That's good news. :)

·
Auto Enthusiast
3,688 Posts
He sold his Fleetwood SS 6 months ago and now has a 1995 Impala SS.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
About this Discussion
13 Replies
6 Participants
96Fleetwood