Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, the two back door lights on my 93 sedan deville will not turn off, plus the aoutomatic door lock fuse under the dash,(15amp) keeps burning out. Are the two problems related? If so, how do I repair..?:cookoo:

·
Registered
6,735 Posts
My experience with this problem has been something metal in one of the lighter sockets, dimes gum wrappers, etc. blows the body fuse which causes a feed back in the dome, door light circuit. Causes the lights to illuminate dimly. Also I've seen the hot lead to the lighter touching metal causing a short which blows that fuse. Must tell you that my experience is in regards to the 85 thru 90 Cads. Ck all the lighter sockets and lighter elements. Hope this helps, Bill.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
carnut said:
My experience with this problem has been something metal in one of the lighter sockets, dimes gum wrappers, etc. blows the body fuse which causes a feed back in the dome, door light circuit. Causes the lights to illuminate dimly. Also I've seen the hot lead to the lighter touching metal causing a short which blows that fuse. Must tell you that my experience is in regards to the 85 thru 90 Cads. Ck all the lighter sockets and lighter elements. Hope this helps, Bill.
Bill, you were exactly right. The lighter in the back seat had a tab from a soda can in it. It made the plastic around the wirers that control the door lights burn off, that made the wirers touch and that what caused the fuses to keep going out. Thanks!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
About this Discussion
3 Replies
2 Participants
carnut