Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there a way I can keep the interior lights off when the door is open? It annoys me that I have to leave the door open for 5-10 minutes for the lights to shut off

·
Registered
08 CTS DI
2,301 Posts
Can you give more detail about what's going on. Does the radio shut off immediately when the driver door is opened? If not, the problem is with the door actuator mechanism which senses when the door is opened, signaling the BCM to shut down the radio, etc... as opposed to allowing it to play through the 10 min time out sequence if you sat in the car for that length of time after ignition off listening to it. From what I recall, the body control module and the door control switch govern courtesy light operation. Check the dimmer knob on the left dash also.

The next time it happens actuate the latch mechanism (part that holds the door closed) with your finger and see if it has any effect. Be careful not to push it down far enough to cause it to latch. If you do, pull up on it lightly and pull the door handle to release it so that you don't attempt to close the door with it in the closed (latched) position potentially damaging it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes if I have the battery off the radio shuts off when the door opens . I believe that knob only changes the dash brightness and I can turn on all the interior lights with it if I need and cut it off but that’s it

·
Registered
08 CTS DI
2,301 Posts
Yes if I have the battery off the radio shuts off when the door opens . I believe that knob only changes the dash brightness and I can turn on all the interior lights with it if I need and cut it off but that’s it
Okay, I think I understand a bit clearer now later in the day. The lights are working the way they are programmed and you don't like that. In retrospect, it's amazing how incorrectly I read your initial post. The only way around it that I'm aware of would be BCM programming, if there is a provision in the code access to even allow the timer to be manipulated and I doubt it, aside from directly editing a chip found on the circuit board.

You can scroll through menu settings on the dash to see what's available for lighting, if anything.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts