Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Banned
2006 STS V8, 1999 Seville STS
596 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I like the LED lighting of the new DTS. However, on sylvania's bulb locator, they only list the dome light bulb number. Has anyone here did a LED conversion for ALL the interior lights, and know what the part numbers are?

Thanks!

·
Registered
Cadillac
458 Posts
They are the 194 bulbs. I have a set from PIAA to install. The expensive tera are the brightest and best for dome lights, then use their cheaper dimples for the lower lights. Also same bulb for the 3rd light with the headlights so tera bulbs are nice there, and same bulb for rear licence plate. Haven't checked the sidemarkers but I think they might be the same, either the 194 or the 3057

·
Registered
Cadillac STS 2005
811 Posts
Here is the bulb list for the 2005 non-hid STS. This will probably be standard for all the STS, but as always make sure to check it out.

Low beam headlamp
H11​

High beam headlamp
9005​

Parking light
3757​

Front turn signal
3757​

Rear turn signal
Assembly​

Tail light
Assembly​

Stop light
Assembly​

High mount stop light
PC175​

Fog/Driving light
H3-55W​

License plate
2825​

Back up light
3157​

Front sidemarker
194​

Rear sidemarker
2825​

Map light
PC175​

Dome light
212-2​

Daytime running light
3757​

·
Banned
596 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So was it 2 212-2 lights for the front dome lights, and 2 212-2 dome lights for the rear?

·
Registered
Cadillac
458 Posts
ok, so just checked the trunk and it's the bulb that looks like one of those tube fuses, anyone know the number to this. Basically I am in the middle of converting all to LED or hyperwhite which will prob be needed for the trunk bulb. Ordering more. Even though there are a couple diff sizes on the interior 194 bulbs have worked for me. Ordering more now to complete all lights. Will post pics when complete

·
Registered
2005 Cadillac CTS
145 Posts
Yes those tube bulbs are called 212-2. And yes you will need a set of 2 for both front and rear and also you will need another 2 if you wanna do the floor lights

·
Banned
596 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Where are the floor lights? That would make 6 total for the interior, right?

·
Registered
Cadillac
458 Posts
there are 4 lights at the bottom of each door, two under the feet of the driver and pass, and the 4 dome lights. Can put 192 bulbs in all places

·
Registered
2005 Cadillac CTS
145 Posts
So Sylvania :lies: again! the dome lights are actually 194 bulbs not 212 as they say!. I just did the conversion and it looks pretty good. I did the side markers too and they were also 194 all i have left is the licence plate lights. here are some pictures not the greatest cuz i took them from my cell phone but
Enjoy!

Attachments

·
Banned
596 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
wow that looks sweet.

So we have 4x 194 bulbs in the dome lights.

Then there are 4 lights at the bottom of each door? And 1 by the feet of the drivers and 1 by the feet of the passengers?

How hard was it to replace the dome lights?

·
Registered
2005 Cadillac CTS
145 Posts
I dont know about the lights under the door i didnt see those. I have to dig in tomorrow so find the ones under the feet but it was very easy to change the bulbs. just used a tiny flat head and popped off the covers and pulled the bulbs

·
Banned
596 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I looked, and indeed there are 4 lights at the bottom of each door, and one under the drivers feet, and one under the passengers feet.

Anyone know the size/model of these bulbs?

·
Banned
596 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
You fit them where the passenger and drivers feet go, and under the doors?

1 - 20 of 32 Posts