Cadillac Owners Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
93 eldorado
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im not sure where to start when taking out my rear passenger side interior panel. i dont want to break anything its still in good condition but i have to get behind it. can anyone help????

·
Registered
93 eldorado
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
if nobody can help with that, maybe someone can help with this..... im doing alot of work to this eldo and im going to be asking quite a bit of questions. how do i change out the instrument panel lights? are there projectors for the eldorado, cause ive looked and cant find them, or can i make some? these arent all the questions but a start to my little project. if anyone can help or point me in the right direction, i would be most thankful.

·
Registered
1997 Cadillac STS (BOSE w/AUX In, Massage Seats, URPAS, "Z")
6,405 Posts
The '96+ analog IPC uses this kind of light bulbs:

Total 6 bulbs. On the green socket it says: 7E and WAGNER
I guess you can take 194 light bulbs and mount them on the green socket (involves soldering).
To replace the bulbs you need to take the IPC out, open it up (about 6 screws) and split it in half (there are 2 PCB, one in the back and one in front - the one with the gages and the display). The light bulbs screw in the back of the plastic casing of the front PCB. There is a banner cable connecting the front and the rear PCB in a sandwich configuration. You need to disconnect that.
Then again this is in the '96+ analog IPCs, not sure on the older models.

·
Registered
1993 Cadillac Eldorado Sport Coupe 4.6L Northstar "Y"
130 Posts
IDK your running speaker wire to the trunk within the route of the panel, i would like to suggest taking an easier route (if you have fishtape).

Run some fish tape from center console under carpet, under rear seats to the trunk, then use electrical tape to attach the 2 piece of wiring to the fishtape then pull it back to the console and keep pulling slack so you have enough to run to both doors, IDK what your plans are for this removal like i said, but if this is the reason.. this is your conclusion here.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts