Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
96 Seville
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've searched this site for "how to find the interior color" of my 1996 STS Seville without luck. The VIN to RPO converter doesn't seem to be available .....looks like there was a "sticky" at one time with this info ??....but that was several years ago. I know where my SPID sticker is but now what?
I've seen some color swatches and my color could be Bordeaux, Medici Red, Ruby Red ???? ...not my favorite color but love the car. Any help with this?

·
Registered
96 Seville
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: Interior Color '99 STS Seville

Yep ....saw this site...but which code on the SPID is the interior color code?

·
Registered
2007 DTS LuxII, 1969 El Camino SS396, 2008 GMC 2500HD Crew Cab 4x4,
88 Posts
Re: Interior Color '99 STS Seville

Yep ....saw this site...but which code on the SPID is the interior color code?
I ran all my codes to get a snapshot of the entire list. Then I copied the table to a Excel spreadsheet. My interior codes came out like this:

15I INTERIOR TRIM GRAY MONTANA (97) (BRAZIL)
15I INTERIOR TRIM SHALE (I) (95)
15I INTERIOR TRIM SHALE/NEUTRAL (I) (97)
15I INTERIOR TRIM COPPER OPEL (99)
15I INTERIOR TRIM SLATE GRAY (98) (HOLDENS)
153 TRIM COMBINATION LEATHER, SHALE/EBONY (3) (03)
153 TRIM COMBINATION LEATHER, SHALE (3) (96).

----------

I think this was everything available for the year because my trim is neutral and shale.

·
Registered
96 Seville
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for your help on this. Great information on the car ....and it is Bordeaux Red interior. Not my favorite color but getting used to it after 8 years ! One of the options on the car is "sport suspension" ....is that just the 4 wheel independent suspension ....or is it something else?

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
70,416 Posts
CVRSS or RSS - Constantly Variable Road Sensing Suspension was used in the "TS" versions of the Seville and could be ordered (special order) on the LS. Your version uses adjustable orifices in the strut/shock valving to control suspension rates in response to inputs for roll, pitch, yaw, turn rate, turn radius, engine power, braking, acceleration, deceleration, wheel speeds - more.

The identifying codes were F45 (RSS/CVRSS) and FE3 (sport springs). The later MRC suspension was F55/FE3.

·
Registered
96 Seville
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I had no idea of the technology under my ride. It has the F3 and F45 suspension options. I've done some reading about this system and it explains why I can feel every tar strip on the road. I'll like it as long as it doesn't fail....or for a 19 year old car should I say ...until it fails!

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
70,416 Posts
I strongly suggest that you enter a multi-year subscription (MUCH cheaper than hard copy) to www.alldatadiy.com .

It's the GM service manuals plus a LOT more, and it's updated where the paper copies are not. Do you speak RPO, DTC, TSB, and other germane acronyms ??? All in there too, as well as some labor times and old parts pricing. Plus explanations of how/why each system operates.

Tar strips ???? With a good F55 MRC system you can feel grains of sand - just the way a "performance car" is supposed to ride.

·
Registered
96 Seville
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks Submariner. Yep your right, the tar strips are an exaggeration ....I think someone commented in an old post that you could feel every cat whisker ! I'm very impressed in the technology that GM was putting into these cars 20 years ago. ....back when GM had deep pockets !

1 - 10 of 10 Posts