Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2008 CTS 3.6L DI RWD, GMPP new engine 11/2013
2,092 Posts
One advantage of plastic trim panels and plastic-coated leather seating surfaces in the CTS is that you can use just about any mild cleanser, anywhere. I've used water and a sponge to remove light scuff marks, and "303 CLEANER & SPOT REMOVER" for the really stubborn stains.

·
Registered
2015 ATS 3.6 RWD Premium
502 Posts
For scuffs or stains on the vinyl and plastic, I use Aerospace 303 Cleaner or Zaino leather cleaner and a brush and/or terry cloth towel. For stubborn stains and scuffs, I use a Mr. Clean Magic Eraser. Ensure you use some care with the eraser. It can be abrasive, especially on the plastic trim. Top it off with Aerospace 303 Protectant on the vinyl and plastic and nothing but Zaino leather protectant on the leather. :D

·
Registered
2008 Cadillac CTS DI AWD Thunder Gray Chromaflair/Ebony
798 Posts
And of course, the owners manual recommends a damp cloth on just about all surfaces. So a cotton towel and a little water should probably be tried first.

·
Registered
Cadillac CT6 (2019)
2,313 Posts
Turtle Wax Ice interior cleaner/protector; cleans and conditions with a U.V. blocker (and keeps the dash and other parts 'dull', the way they should be for safety purposes, i.e. no sun reflections blinding the driver).

·
Registered
92 Posts
Based on the number of complaints in other threads that their car is a shitbox I am surprised nobody is using TY-D BOWL toilet bowl cleaner to clean their car!

·
Registered
'09 CTS AWD previously, '18 CTS AWD
358 Posts
For scuffs or stains on the vinyl and plastic, I use Aerospace 303 Cleaner or Zaino leather cleaner and a brush and/or terry cloth towel. For stubborn stains and scuffs, I use a Mr. Clean Magic Eraser. Ensure you use some care with the eraser. It can be abrasive, especially on the plastic trim. Top it off with Aerospace 303 Protectant on the vinyl and plastic and nothing but Zaino leather protectant on the leather. :D

I have the cocoa / cashmere interior. Part of the passengar arm rest and side panel has turned lighter. I suspect this is because of sun tan lotion. Would Zaino work?

·
Registered
2015 ATS 3.6 RWD Premium
502 Posts
I have the cocoa / cashmere interior. Part of the passengar arm rest and side panel has turned lighter. I suspect this is because of sun tan lotion. Would Zaino work?
Yes, you're right. It is most likely due to the sun tan lotion and body oils. I would highly recommend Zaino Z9.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts