Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
09 V Sedan, 2012 V sedan
282 Posts
Kinda of hard to take that kind of pic and do it any justice however, it is the best I have ever had. Beautiful:yup:

·
Registered
'09 CTS-V Clack 6psd (manual), Recaro, Loaded...
381 Posts
Not exactly what you're asking for but here's a decent video of the '08 CTS and it covers both interior and exterior lighting features. More or less the same as the V.

·
Registered
1,827 Posts
Nice videos. Until I looked at the one about the interior lighting, I didn't realize that there was a LED illuminating the gear shift from the center of the top console. It is very subtle, but it is there.

·
Registered
2017 ATS-V Sedan, Vector Blue/Black, 6MT
1,001 Posts
The LED "spot light" actually illuminates much of the center stack, as well as the shifter. In the standard CTS, this is easily seen due to the silver finish on the trim. Further, the shift knob on the manual transmission has a matching silver cap, which illuminates beautifully and makes it easy to see what gear you are in at night. A very thoughtful and intelligent design. The black trim on the V absorbs this light, as does the medallion on the shift knob, so it's much harder to see the shifter at night. The cup holders do seem to be illuminated, because the surrounding trim absorbs the light in contrast to the exposed holder. I wouldn't mind if they made the shifter medallion more reflective, or better yet they could light it like in my M5. That was always really cool, not to mention very useful.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts