·
I'm a Cadillac Fanatic!
9,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

Attachments

·
Registered
3,683 Posts
i've split the thread into 2. Anyone interested in the new STS, please go ahead and comment on it.

I guess that picture might be the new sts since it's the bigger of the two sedans in there.
It doesn't look that bad.

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
that 2 door migh be fun if its RWD

·
Banned
1996 Fleetwood Brougham
7,237 Posts
My guess is they are the CTS and the CTS-V.

I seriously doubt that the CTS and STS will look so similar that you can't tell them apart, even in a poorly reproduced photograph.

Besides, if there was any real news here it'd already be being discussed in the magazines.

P.S. Didn't someone post this a few weeks ago?

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
Hard top or convertable in the pic? I'd got for the roofed version

·
...Reloaded
'05 XLR
1,698 Posts
Dead Sled said:
Hard top or convertable in the pic? I'd got for the roofed version
The XLR has a retractable hardtop. When the roof is up it's a hardtop. Push a button and poof - open roadster. There is no other version at this time.

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
oohhh ok I see, that might not be that bad then

·
Registered
5 Posts
That's definitely an STS, see the huge discussion on www.cheersandgears.com- go to 'Cadillac News and Discussion'-Interesting Pic. To post, you must be a registered member.

·
I'm a Cadillac Fanatic!
9,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well. Here it is.. All nice and clear - on Canada's Cadillac site... Cadillac must have flipped when that original photo got out a year and a half before the STS's release...

Attachments

·
Watching the Watchers
5,959 Posts
kinda makes you wonder why we had to wait so long to get the actual car....seems like they had the design pretty well locked in over a year ago....and we still have to wait another year for the STS-V

·
I'm a Cadillac Fanatic!
9,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Yeah, I did think that.. It looks pretty-much the same to me. I suppose they wanted to squeeze more out of the old design.. That's all I can think of.

·
Watching the Watchers
5,959 Posts
i think its because they are f'in slow. how long have we been waiting for the trailblazer SS? they showed it at SEMA months ago, and it will be ready fall of NEXT year. at which time it will be on a 6 yr old chassis. Meanwhile the SRT-8 version of the jeep grand cherokee is ready to launch a couple of months(NOT YEARS) after the intro of the '05 model

·
I'm a Cadillac Fanatic!
9,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
You're probably right. They're slow.. I think that's why the G35, Maxima and Altima all came out with the looks of the CTS before the CTS did... (They did. Right? :p)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts