Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
The eye is always in the beholder. They also said the BMW 7 should be avoided. Let's face it, we don't by American cars for their resale value. I love my xts and I have had acuras and bmw's. This car is exceptional. Not perfect but exceptional. If you are going to drive it and enjoy it for 4-6 years the. Who cares about the resale value. If your a 2-3 year person the. Lease it and it doesn't make any difference. I categorically disagree with that article although I own a new XTS so clearly im biased. So do we listen to owners that drive thousands of miles per month with their cars or someone who reviews cars that may have never driven the cars or for a day or two. I would say you need to drive a car for a good 2-4 weeks to understand the good and bad. The long term reviews are the most objective. And if you can find a new 2014 you can get 20% of the sticker and there's huge value there. They are still out there as I think they over produced the 2014's.

·
Registered
2007 DTS, 2010 DTS Platinum, 2013 XTS Platinum
37 Posts
I AGREE It's unfortunate that the decision makers at Cadillac by their comments, policies and advertising de-emphasize the XTS which could be a leader fo them if they listened to the owners and the over-all satisfaction rating. I love my 2013 XTS Platinum and enjoy driving it more than it did my Deville's or DTS's I previously owned. It turns heads, especailly and surprised to say YOUNG people 20 to 30 who have stopped to ask me about it.....It's unfortunate it's unadvertised and on it's way out. If the same advertising emphasis that they use for the Buick was used for the XTS sales would soar! (Like that dosen't look like a Buick, hey my car dosen't 'LOOK' like a Cadillac!) it looks better!

·
Registered
2008 STS V6 DI, 2014 XTS Premium AWD V-Sport
120 Posts
I got 26% off a new 2014 XTS VSport premium (tinted, painted pin stripes, sunroof). Couldn't be happier with the car or the deal. Traded in a 2013 XTS Premium for this ride and never had a bit of trouble with it, just wanted the extra ponies.

·
Registered
'03 & '06 CTS's (traded), '14 XTS Lux (traded), '16 CTS4 Premium 2.0T (now)
461 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You know what they say..."Opinions............everybody has one!" I bought my '06 CTS new. When I traded it in in late 2013, it had 36k original miles on it. The new XTS will follow in the same vein. It's our "fun" car, not the daily driver. So, my assumption is that I will have it a good long time. And I'll love it every time the "garage ornament" (as my kids call it) comes out into the sun. Except for some minor things (CUE seems to be the thing they all complain about) every other site I read reviews on spoke highly of the XTS. So there's that.

·
Registered
2013 XTS Premium in Silver Coast Metallic
676 Posts
I've driven the new Impala and no way does it offer the "equivalent accomodations" to the XTS. The XTS interior is way nicer than the Impala's.

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Ha...and still more:
Cadillac ranks No. 20 on Consumer Reports' best brands list with an overall score of 58, a road test score of 77 and a low predicted reliability rating. "Many of the models are let down by shaky reliability and the brand?s infuriating Cue touch-screen infotainment system, which is buggy and difficult to use," Consumer Reports said.
http://www.newsday.com/classifieds/cars/consumer-reports-best-and-worst-car-brands-in-2015-include-lexus-mazda-and-toyota-1.10387053

I wouldn't say CUE is difficult to use and, so far, I haven't noticed it to be buggy. I would compare it to learning a new (computer) operating system. I like that kind of stuff so it's no big deal to me. Then again, I don't spend my time fiddling with CUE while driving down the road. I pick one XM channel and am good to go.

·
Registered
2013 XTS4 Premium
73 Posts
Every time I read a review that calls CUE hard to use, I scratch my head and ask myself, "Who tried to use it? An idiot?" My first experience in the XTS
was as a rental. I picked it up in a torrential downpour, in an unfamiliar city and without an owner's manual. Within about 20 minutes, my wife and I were
both able to figure it out. And we're both in our fifties, so it's not a generational thing. In fact, I was so impressed with the car and its technology that I
ended up buying one a year later (had to save up a bit. :) )

I'll ask again, "Who are these idiots?"

EDIT: Came back to make a correction: We had issues with "swiping" the volume control. Had no clue.

·
Registered
2011 DTS Premium, 2009 DTS Base (sold), 1997 Eldorado Coupe
69 Posts
No offense to the XTS owners here, but there is a lot of truth in that article. They compare the Impala to the XTS and the bottom line is that they are in fact very similar products built on the same assembly line on the same platform with the same driveline.
I considered an XTS, but just couldn't fathom a top of the line Caddy with a V-6. I drove both the Impala and the XTS and I couldn't tell a bit of difference in the way they drove. (my local dealer sells Cadillac and Chevrolet). I'm not saying
an XTS isn't a nice car, it is. GM has played this game many times before. XTS buys you the Cadillac name only. GM makes the same car for less money with a different branding (Chevrolet).

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Nothing against the Impala. I've owned one and drove them for years as a company car. They are nice cars. Have not been in one of the brand new ones though. Nevertheless, for the sake of the conversation, maybe Impala and XTS are on substantially the same platform. But that's where the similarity ends. The Impala does not compare to the XTS above the frame. Not much point in getting into item by item comparisons...other than to say it's all a matter of personal choice.

·
Registered
158 Posts
The new impala is much nicer (and in many respects) than its predecessor; but it's no XTS.

On another note, it's a shame the XTS will not be receiving the all new V6's for 2016MY that the ATS and CTS both automatically get when a V6 is selected.

·
Registered
2013 XTS Premium in Silver Coast Metallic
676 Posts
Agreed. To say the XTS and Impala are the same car other than the brand name just plain isn't true at all.

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
If what I've read is true, and the XTS will only be around through the (I think) 2019 model year, I doubt they'll be doing any significant changes to it. You never know though. The XTS, while not the top seller of the line, isn't really doing all that bad from a sales perspective. What will be interesting is to see how much the new CT6 will impact things. I like everything I've read/heard about that car...EXCEPT the price point. I tend to believe that there will still be a market for the XTS...if nothing more than for those who want full size but don't want to pay $60K plus for it. It could be argued that the XTS will still have a place in the group...it's just whether the market will support that thought.

·
Registered
2017 XT5
137 Posts
I tell people all the time, "don't pay attention to what Consumer Reports says" I'll give it to them on the resale value but that's mostly because of the less than enthusiastic articles on the XTS in the car magazines. My sister in law bought a Subaru because Consumer Reports said it was the best. She hates it. I've had my XTS since new and it has 45000 miles on it now and I still love it. I didn't buy it because it was a Cadillac. I looked at all the other cars in its class and the XTS was the one I liked the best by a long shot. As for the V6 power, I traded in a Hemi Charger and I never feel the XTS is under powered. The CUE works fine. It takes a little getting use to because until CUE all cars worked the same. When you got a different you didn't have to relearn how it worked. I constantly get compliments on the car from strangers and everyone who rides in it loves it. I really can't understand why Cadillac hardly markets this car. I went to buy a CTS and never even knew what a XTS was until I saw it in the showroom.

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Agree on all points JoeGrapes. And I was kind of in the same boat. I knew about the XTS because I had been looking at a couple online. But had never been in or driven one. We went in fully expecting to buy a CTS. Even drove one and I made an offer on it. As I said before, we found our Lux XTS "hiding" in the showroom behind a big Escalade. They had just marked it down. Liked what we saw so they moved it out of the showroom so we could drive it. I have to admit that the CTS was way quicker and sportier. But the XTS was bigger, still snappy enough for my 60 year old taste, and lots more comfortable. So, we made a good deal on it and brought it home. I think you hit it on the head about CUE. It's different from the rest and people aren't used to a system like that. Heck, I'm not even used to it yet. But I seem to be able to make it do what I want. Again, personal tastes I guess. Ultimately, if you don't like the XTS for whatever reason...fine, don't buy one. The reviews really are not all that bad if you read them through. Yeah, they gripe about CUE and complain that the standard V6 is unexciting. Other than that, most of the stuff that's said about the car is good.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts