Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 SRX AWD Turbo, 08 STS V8 RWD
490 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's the link:

http://www.autonews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060301/FREE/60301001/1078&refsect=

Best quote:

Taylor [Cadillac GM Mkt'g Director] said he has three other priority items on his to-do list:

(1) Fixing the SRX. Cadillac's Sigma-based crossover has been well regarded, winning enthusiast-magazine praise for its handling, but sales have been weak. Taylor said Cadillac will re-launch it this summer with a multimedia campaign that will tout a new interior and a sport version. But longer term, the vehicle's extended station-wagon look that allows for a third row of seats needs to be modified to give it a clearer crossover personality, he said.

·
Registered
8 Posts
:mad: If Cadillac would spend more money fixing their quality problems instead of advertising maybe their sales would be higher. I did not realize that Cadillac thinks it is perfectly acceptable for my SRX to be in the shop for 36 days out of six months. (It is still in the shop.) Their customer service simply stated
" That is why we give you a warranty ". :want:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi There

I am very interested in the SRX, but will wait to see the new interior (the current one is awful).

Regarding the idea of providing quality....I would agree.

Let me just say that I am assisting a friend in evaluating the Volvo CX90 (a comparable to the SRX) and that equally expensive vehicle spends MORE time in the shop than the SRX. The Volvo is on the Consumers Report, JD Power and APA lists as having average to below average reliability and is listed as a "do not buy".

I noted with glee, the SRX is not on their bad list.

I am truly mistified why expensive vehicles like the SRX, CX90 Volvo are in the shop AT ALL. These are not $20K vehicles, they are 3X this price. I frankly expect near perfection for a minimum of 5 years.

I am frankly getting scared of purchasing a luxury cross over, because of all the problems that are reported. I know that the larger % of vehicles are OK and anyone can get the odd lemon, but being in the dealer at all in the first 5 years is not acceptable.

Guess I am dreaming.

NascarQueen24:bouncy:

·
Registered
458 Posts
""But longer term, the vehicle's extended station-wagon look that allows for a third row of seats needs to be modified to give it a clearer crossover personality, he said.""

Bull, Do not agree. I think it needs even more of a wagon "look" at least from the visibility end. To hard to see out of, needs sides dropped by 2-3" in rear, i.e. wagon look, NOT another FX, M5 etc. Don't kill function. As an example the Passat wagon is a great design for its size.

SYROB

·
Registered
11 SRX AWD Turbo, 08 STS V8 RWD
490 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Syrob, I don't disagree with you personally, but from a sales perspective, people don't buy wagons. I was going to get a Saab 9-5 Aero sportwagon -- not a bad piece of machinery -- and ran it by a few friends. All of their comments were to the effect of "you want to buy a station wagon? Why?"

·
Registered
2010 Perf 3.0,AWD, 2011 Yukon Denali,(403HP), had 04 SRX
1,160 Posts
NascarQueen24 said:
Hi There

I am very interested in the SRX, but will wait to see the new interior (the current one is awful).

Regarding the idea of providing quality....I would agree.

Let me just say that I am assisting a friend in evaluating the Volvo CX90 (a comparable to the SRX) and that equally expensive vehicle spends MORE time in the shop than the SRX. The Volvo is on the Consumers Report, JD Power and APA lists as having average to below average reliability and is listed as a "do not buy".

I noted with glee, the SRX is not on their bad list.

I am truly mistified why expensive vehicles like the SRX, CX90 Volvo are in the shop AT ALL. These are not $20K vehicles, they are 3X this price. I frankly expect near perfection for a minimum of 5 years.

I am frankly getting scared of purchasing a luxury cross over, because of all the problems that are reported. I know that the larger % of vehicles are OK and anyone can get the odd lemon, but being in the dealer at all in the first 5 years is not acceptable.

Guess I am dreaming.

NascarQueen24:bouncy:

We're both dreamers! but alas..........Sit in a Lexus dealer service dept for 2 hours as I did with a friend! Wow! No wonder they serve free coffe and are happy to give loaners! A certain percentage of very expensive , highly engineered equipment will fail sometimes.
Did you read my reply re: my SRX wood dash kit??? it's in your other thread posting. (I think it's "I'm new and considering the SRX but............"

Good luck! (get the wood dash kit!!!)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts