Registered
'09 CTS-V Auto, Thunder Gray, Lt. Titanium, Recaro's, Loaded
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
09 V Sedan, 2012 V sedan
282 Posts
Good article...thanks for the heads-up. I am afraid though, with the government being a majority stock holder in GM and the way the current administration is acting, GM may be forced to sell tin can 4drs with lawn mower engines or at least an electric car with a top speed of 35 MPH!

Thank God I got my V2 now and not later...:cool:

·
Registered
Current: None Past: '94 STS, '93 Eldorado, '98 ETC, '03 CTS
6,654 Posts
Good article...thanks for the heads-up. I am afraid though, with the government being a majority stock holder in GM and the way the current administration is acting, GM may be forced to sell tin can 4drs with lawn mower engines or at least an electric car with a top speed of 35 MPH!
Thank God I got my V2 now and not later...:cool:
I don't know... I think I could be talked into driving Cadillac's electric car...

·
Registered
Cadillac 2009 CTS-V Radiant Silver
867 Posts
No, the range is 40+ miles on the battery alone, before the gasoline motor kicks in and provides charge.

jas
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

if your going electric go electric.....

throw in a squirrel, not a gas engine

When the thing gets 200Plus on one charge and you can recharge in under one hour give me a call. Till then I'll burn fossil fuel

·
Registered
2,019 Posts
don't forget to feed them acorns too..

They might work harder.
lol

·
Registered
2005 Stealth Gray CTS-V, 2009 Black CTS-V
3,570 Posts
Not sure they can force a dealer to drop existing lines they have, nor even force those lines off just their showrooms, at least not in certain states.
Dallara
~
Eh, not sure about that.

GM has ~2,400 dealers that will sell tangerines if they want them to...

·
Registered
867 Posts
don't forget to feed them acorns too..

They might work harder.
lol

Actually here in Oregon we feed them Filberts, as last resort, walnuts.

If we are short of feed then we supply them the "leftist" nuts that abound here in great quanity.

·
Registered
'09 CTS-V Auto, Thunder Gray, Lt. Titanium, Recaro's, Loaded
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
~

Eh, not sure about that.

GM has ~2,400 dealers that will sell tangerines if they want them to...

Well, as a former automobile dealer - including at one time one store that sold every GM brand except Cadillac. Other store was a Lincoln-Mercury/Jeep/Subaru store - I can say the dealer sales agreements manufacturers have with dealers do not necessarily allow them to dictate such terms... Particularly if the dealer has sufficient market penetration, CSI scores, etc.

And here in Texas state law, and the TMVC, trumps the dealer sales agreements, and the manufacturers are severely limited in how they can strong-arm dealers regardless of what the sales agreement say.

I can give you some examples if you like...

Dallara

~

·
Registered
238 Posts
Dealers, IMO should have appealed to both GM/Chrysler and the Taskforce for their own viability in a way that would have had the company and Gov both re-thinking the need for their shuttering.

The BK essentially alleviates the Companies from having to keep them.. but it should have been made apparent that these dealers could exist without being a DRAW on the companies

If they were great performing dealerships...they should be POed... all of them should. But they could have stopped it in much the same way that the 30 or so dealers that GM has rescinded have pulled someting outta a hat.

And mind U that this train of thought was PRE-TASKFORCE. Jerry York constantly raved about it during Kerkorian's time of ownership in 10% of GM.

My solution would be that all remaining dealerships can stay in business but must handle all of their own advertising, all dealership revisions and maintenance... and any other costs associated with being a dealer. I would even go so far as to say that I would implement a TIER level program where:

1)TIER 3:

A New Dealer with no proven sales would have to take the hard route. Apply for SBA loans etc to get started, or even corporate financing to have a store built but with adequate collateral to cover any possible failure. This tier would handle all of it's own advertising.

2) Tier 2:

A dealer that has reached a certain preset sales number. That dealer would get rewarded with some Corporate participation including advertising and renovation costs help, but with a NON-COMPETE and CORPORATE ownership of at least 10-15% of the dealership, with 50% of the corresponding (of the 15% ownership)profits coming back to the corporation and the other half going into an account to cover corporate share of advertising and renovation costs.

All dealerships would be subject to inspection in an effort to have dealers that have stores that look the part and function in a way that expressly favors an excellent customer experience. The INSPECTOR would be employed by the Corporation, but INSPECTIONS would be paid for by the dealer.

·
Registered
867 Posts
Actually the range for the car would be about 600 miles per tank. The 40 of that would be on ELECTRIC only. Current mules have about 150HP and 273lbs of torque. :rolleyes:
my point is unless it is in fact "ELECTRIC" not fossil fuel, and gets 200plus miles on ONE charge and can be recharged in 30-45 minutes or so ..... go away do not bother me...

Electric car is Electric if you have electic vehicles

I'll go with my squirrels, as suggested by Scott.

·
Registered
2005 Stealth Gray CTS-V, 2009 Black CTS-V
3,570 Posts
Well, as a former automobile dealer - including at one time one store that sold every GM brand except Cadillac. Other store was a Lincoln-Mercury/Jeep/Subaru store - I can say the dealer sales agreements manufacturers have with dealers do not necessarily allow them to dictate such terms... Particularly if the dealer has sufficient market penetration, CSI scores, etc.

And here in Texas state law, and the TMVC, trumps the dealer sales agreements, and the manufacturers are severely limited in how they can strong-arm dealers regardless of what the sales agreement say.

I can give you some examples if you like...

Dallara
I don't disagree with you. I think you're missing my point though.

If GM wants to stop distributing cars to such dealership/shut them down, you're screwed, much like these 2,400 dealers across the nation. GM holds all the cards, as they are supplying you with your product to make money. They take that away, how are you going to make money/stay in business?

It's like an "internal auditor" that (cough) reports to the Audit Committee chairman, yet management works with him/her on a daily basis and basically has the ability to hire/fire such person.

Well, they can draw it up anyway they like on the Organization Chart that such auditor reports directly to the audit committee chair, but if management has the ability to hire and fire such person---who do you think they REALLY report to???

No, make no mistake about it, GM can exert tremendous influence over these dealers, especially in BK courts.

·
Registered
238 Posts
my point is unless it is in fact "ELECTRIC" not fossil fuel, and gets 200plus miles on ONE charge and can be recharged in 30-45 minutes or so ..... go away do not bother me...

Electric car is Electric if you have electic vehicles

I'll go with my squirrels, as suggested by Scott.

"Go Away do not bother me??? "

LOL Listen to this guy. Listen hear Chicklet... Next time make your point a bit more clear and I won't have to chime in to correct U.:helpless:

I'm trippin off the fact that what U described is essentially the TESLA, which does not charge in minutes.. but hours. About the time it takes before your boss lets U out from behind your cubicle.:nono:

Tests have proven that the Voltec should recharge in about 4.5hours in a standard 120V socket and about 2.5 hours in a optional GM supplied 240V charging system. OR.. I can simply put gas in it and get about 100MPG.:cool:

Personally I prefer the security and versatility of being able to go on a 500-600 mile run knowing that I won't have to stop at a scarce charging station for 8 hours every 200 miles.:cloud9:

·
Registered
867 Posts
Hmm, why the attitude? were you mis understanding that I do not care about electric, because it did not have range and a very quick recharge. I am OK with burning fossil fuel, I burn more than your share also...

If you misunderstood I am sorry, but thankyou for your polite response

best wishes

·
Registered
Cadillac
266 Posts
Hmm, why the attitude? were you mis understanding that I do not care about electric, because it did not have range and a very quick recharge. I am OK with burning fossil fuel, I burn more than your share also...

If you misunderstood I am sorry, but thankyou for your polite response

best wishes
So let's just say that you are looking for a car that would meet your range needs on electric drive only and was ready in the morning to do it again - fully recharged for about 40 cents per gallon equivalent. If that were the case - then the Volt and the Converj would be that car for only 78% of the country.

I guess you are right - rather than allow 78% of the country to consume ZERO oil and stop sending BILLIONS of dollars of oil money to countries who hate us - we should just forget the whole thing because you "don't care". Think before you type. Some issues are actually larger than your understanding of them....

·
Registered
867 Posts
So let's just say that you are looking for a car that would meet your range needs on electric drive only and was ready in the morning to do it again - fully recharged for about 40 cents per gallon equivalent. If that were the case - then the Volt and the Converj would be that car for only 78% of the country.

I guess you are right - rather than allow 78% of the country to consume ZERO oil and stop sending BILLIONS of dollars of oil money to countries who hate us - we should just forget the whole thing because you "don't care". Think before you type. Some issues are actually larger than your understanding of them....
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Sir, all I am saying is that I, would not change to a electric vehicle.... Unless said vehicle had long range and short recharge.
I cannot speak for anyone that wants something else.... You can drive what you want Fiat probably has a model. I like my V, I like burning plenty of Fossil fuel, I like pissing off greenies. Others may have different opinions or ideas.

My understanding is at this moment the US is still a free country, and I will drive what I want. What I want has nothing to do with anyone other than my needs or wants.
I have a feeling you could power a vehicle with many sources, what you want to use , or what ever is fine with me....

When a electric vehicle (All electric)is put on the market, then each buyer makes a decision. My decision is based upon my previous
specifications of a all electric vehicle that is actually practical and
if the infrastructure is built to support recharging.

BTW, you will allow me to have an opinion ?
Thanks in advance

·
Registered
Cadillac CTS 2003, Pontiac Trans Am S.E. 1977
210 Posts
So you would get rid of an 09 CTS-V for an electric car? Let me call Jessie Jackson to come harvest your testicles.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts