Cadillac Owners Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Registered
2007 Escalade, 2006 CTS-V
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
One thing that has always been a point of interest for me is the lack of carbon fiber parts for the V. A well constructed piece of carbon fiber is beautiful, weight saving, sturdy, and would be unique to the market. The V market consists of owners higher up on the socioeconomic scale (for the most part), and owners with a finer taste in modding. So I feel like V owners wouldnt mind paying a little bit more money for fine pieces of carbon fiber art.

That all being said, how interested would people be in carbon fiber parts for the CTSV? I'm talking more than hoods; full front clips (bumper, fenders), doors, trunks, quarterpanel covers, pillars, etc.

I know the V is a lot more classy than most cars of its performance caliber, so some would argue that carbon fiber doors or trunks wouldn't look right, and I can respect that. But someone out there has to want to do a full CF conversion, or a hood-roof-trunk scheme, or something of that nature.

Let me know what you guys think, as I am in a position to influence a certain company on their next CF project.

· Registered
2005 CTS-V, Black
2,172 Posts
There have been quite a few threads gauging interest on carbon fiber in the past, but many don't come to fruition. One problem would be the fact that not all people like the look of CF on our cars. I for one like the look of CF in small amounts, especially under the hood. Carbon fiber is cool, but there are many other areas I would prefer to spend my money on (IE: go fast parts instead of bodyparts) but that is just me. I still hope you become a vendor and supply us with some cool stuff. You can never have too many vendors! Good luck and :welcome:

· Registered
E85 Powered - Maggie'd V
1,802 Posts
We're interested but I've learned to not get my hopes up about this stuff.

Reactions: 34Demoguy

· Registered
2007 Escalade, 2006 CTS-V
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks c4ss, unfortunately i wouldnt be the one becoming a vendor, its just a company looking to expand their CF line. I did apply for a job there so maybe i would be a vendor if all goes well :)
We're interested but I've learned to not get my hopes up about this stuff.
yeah i know about that, getting your hopes up for potential products that never come around. but we're interested is different than we're interested and willing to spend money, ya know? its a big investment for a company (a relatively new one at that) to expand into another car market

sorry for not searching to see the other CF interest threads :suspense:

ill see what everyone has to say and relay the word

· Registered
2004 CTS-V
1,635 Posts
+3 on replacement CF parts, especially hoods and trunk lid!!!

I really want other hood designs...see Specter Heat Extractor for a really cool design.

· Registered
2005 CTS-V, Black
2,172 Posts
:yeah:

I love the extractor. Now if we could only get the price down on it a bit...

· Registered
2004 CTS-V
1,635 Posts
:yeah:

I love the extractor. Now if we could only get the price down on it a bit...
For Sure!!! I wish we all could afford a $1400 hood without having to go through this process of trying to get other options made, but ultimately the more aftermarket parts we have for our cars, the better.

· Registered
2012 CTS-V Sedan, 2011 CTS Coupe, 2010 Ford Raptor
3,554 Posts
I would be interested in a front splitter or some sort of rear diffuser. As long as it doesn't look too ricey.

· Registered
2005 CTS-V, Black
2,172 Posts
Is that the Extreme Composites hood? I don't think that's the Spectre but I'm not totally sure :hmm:

· Registered
1 Posts
One thing that has always been a point of interest for me is the lack of carbon fiber parts for the V. A well constructed piece of carbon fiber is beautiful, weight saving, sturdy, and would be unique to the market. The V market consists of owners higher up on the socioeconomic scale (for the most part), and owners with a finer taste in modding. So I feel like V owners wouldnt mind paying a little bit more money for fine pieces of carbon fiber art.

That all being said, how interested would people be in carbon fiber parts for the CTSV? I'm talking more than hoods; full front clips (bumper, fenders), doors, trunks, quarterpanel covers, pillars, etc.

I know the V is a lot more classy than most cars of its performance caliber, so some would argue that carbon fiber doors or trunks wouldn't look right, and I can respect that. But someone out there has to want to do a full CF conversion, or a hood-roof-trunk scheme, or something of that nature.

Let me know what you guys think, as I am in a position to influence a certain company on their next CF project.
I would love CF parts for my CTS V. Specifically, my trunk, it is VERY heavy.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.