Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody know the part number for the intercooler pump? And any recommendations for other brands?

·
Registered
2007 STS-V
27 Posts
I just ordered one yesterday haha. I bought OEM replacement. This will be my third pump. I thought about going the aftermarket route with the jabsco, but maybe next time. $110 is much better than $280 for me at the moment.

Bosch 0392022002 is direct replacement.

Jabsco 50840 is the aftermarket one that a lot of people recommend. you would have to make a small plate to mount to oem bracket. you would need 3/4 mnpt barb fittings to go with it. wires would have to be spliced into cars plug. just two wires, no big deal.

bosch 0392022010 is a mercedes bosch pump that works, but you would need a special Mercedes plug and pins to make it work. I think they are around $20 for the plug and pins. It is supposedly better than the oem one for our cars. It flows a little better and has longer life according to mercedes people that use it. A lot of people have made this work for their supercharged cars. people put one on a cobalt ss and jaguar xks as well.

Johnson cm90 is a good alternative to the jabsco from what I have read. A johnson cm30p7 would probably work ok, but has about the same flow rate as bosch pump and costs more, so might as well get the bosch at that point.

I believe some race shops sell intercooler pumps from different brands, but I did not look into those. I was reading up on these for a couple days trying to make up my mind on whether to get bosch pump that will probably go bad in a year or two or get aftermarket and forget about it, since they seem to last much longer. If I do go to a Jabsco, I will probably do it with an upgraded heat exchanger. I am stock, but those upgrades would be for piece of mind.

·
Registered
2007 STS-V
27 Posts
just to add to my previous comment.... amazon seems to be close to the cheapest for bosch pumps. The jabsco was also only $30 more than cheapest I saw from random marine supply website. free one day shipping to me with prime for bosch or jabsco. Also, people do not only recommend the Jabsco for it's phenomenal flow rate compared to OEM, but also its reliability. It is a little extra work and twice as much money, but you may not have to buy two or three more OEM pumps in the future. The few bad reviews I have seen on them, seem to be people using them for salt water and general boat stuff.

·
Registered
06 STS V
78 Posts
What a great thread of info! Sorry for my ignorance on this one. What are the symptoms when this pump is going out?

·
Registered
2007 STS-V
27 Posts
It will only throw a specific code if the post supercharger intake air charge gets way too hot at some ridiculous level. I think a p012b code (boost pressure sensor out of range) will get triggered sometimes if post supercharger intake air gets too hot, but not enough to trigger specific code. I have seen this. If the intake air is too hot the computer will retard the timing to prevent detonation and you will lose power. You can tell if it is working by checking the IAT2 with an appropriate scan tool. You can also feel around the intercooler hoses to see if they are consistent temps. You could also pull a hose and see if it circulates. The fuse and relay are under the back seat on driver side under carpet flap. These pumps are used on a lot of different cars. They are known not to be the best for reliability. If you do replace it and do the work yourself, it is pretty easy. Can just jack the car up and do it from underneath front bumper. One plug. Two hoses. Two bolts that hold bracket on to the subframe that can be removed with a normal wrench. I suggest priming the pump by sucking the coolant from the spot you put it in near the battery to the first hose going into supercharger. Won't have to worry about the pump running while dry and potentially causing an issue.

·
Registered
06 STS-V & 06 STS 4 (sold 2016)
2,727 Posts
My cheap scan tool doesn't have IAT2, so I was able to confirm my OEM pump is still working yesterday by doing this:

Took the cap off the filler neck, then started the car. Then I sucked some coolant out of the filler neck using an old coolant mixture tester that I had (could also use a turkey baster or something like that).

Then I waited. After about 15 to 20 minutes, looking down the filler neck, using a flashlight, I could see a very obvious liquid "jetstream" going by.

Of course I replaced the coolant before putting the cap back on.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts