Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2010 CTS-V
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone notice a change in the intercooler cover? It looks like there are some small exposed screws and a smooth top section in place of the previous ribs. Did I miss a thread on this?

·
Registered
2013 6MT V wagon, OBM, 2009 silver V sedan (traded)
4,537 Posts
Mine looks the same way. Here's mine with the plastic off:

·
Registered
11v,2 09 v's,2 05 v's,5 GTM supercars,viper,volt,2012 karma
2,997 Posts
Awsome a built in nitrous burst panel!

·
Registered
11v,2 09 v's,2 05 v's,5 GTM supercars,viper,volt,2012 karma
2,997 Posts
The way it is bolted down, Looks like it may be a pressure limiter. If you over boost, it will make a bend on the side of the piece of metal and would show a taletell of too much boost in the plenum.

·
Registered
2009 CTS-V , 2010 SRX 2.8T
3,085 Posts
The way it is bolted down, Looks like it may be a pressure limiter. If you over boost, it will make a bend on the side of the piece of metal and would show a taletell of too much boost in the plenum.
ahhh sounds like a sneaky way to void warranty

·
Registered
2009 CTS-V , 2010 SRX 2.8T
3,085 Posts
^ i took my lid off and its haning on my garage wall. Taking the hood off decreases the temps and introduces better airflow. Its there for only show anyway. I think in the future you could hollow out a portion of the hood underneath and than cut out the duct out of the cowl....That whole portion is completely hollow so its an aftermarket hood practically ready to get cut

·
CadillacOwners First 09 CTS-V Owner
09 CTS-V, 08 Escalade
424 Posts
:tisk:

It is NOT an overboost blowout panel. It IS an acoustic damper added to reduce lid resonance.

·
Registered
2010 CTS-V
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I would love to see the data on this. If you put a microphone near the driver's headrest, what kind of db or frequency change could there possibly be over all rpm and load conditions? At least it shows that GM still has a development budget for the LSA which is good.

·
Registered
CTS-V
103 Posts
Anyone know if this cover will work with an 05 and maggie? I know it won't look the same as the 09 but I would like something to clean up the engine compartment and still show off the maggie.

Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
05 SRX; 09 V
273 Posts
Mine was an 04/09 build and has the plate. I tapped on the plate and it seems substantial enough that it won't bend with the pressure increase you might get with an overboost. Seems more like an access cover for something. Maybe it is for a forced induction hood inlet, although its location under the brace is awkward. Possible that it is a production cover that is from some other application and is cheaper for GM to buy with the plate, instead of the ribs. I would go with the last answer as most likely. Occams Razor and all that.

·
Registered
1,827 Posts
Good grief! The original poster asked if he had missed previous threads on the subject of the cover change. The answer is yes, you missed several previous threads on this subject.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts