Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone with the Intellabeam function know how to turn it on ? My ATS coupe has it but I'm not sure if it's on .. I read the owners manual and it says as long as the switch for the lights is in auto mode it should turn it on , however I have not yet seen the brights go on automatically ??

Stumped.

·
Registered
97 Eldo ETC,98 STS,04 SRX N*,06 STS N*,14 CTS VSport Premium, 17 CTS Vsport Prem Lux
1,019 Posts
I think there's a setting in CUE.

·
Registered
2014 ATS 3.6 Premium RWD, 2016 Corvette Z06, 2018 GMC Sierra Denali 2500HD Diesel
2,664 Posts
The intellibeam system can be turned off in the vehicle personalization settings. Assuming you have CUE on the home page choose settings then vehicle and then lighting and you will find automatic high beam operation on/off. Turn it on here and then it will work as the manual suggests.

When operational you will see a headlight indicator with an A imbedded in it displayed on the instrument panel.

It works quite well.

·
Registered
2019 XT4 Premium AWD Build 7/22/18 / 2013 ATS4 3.6 Premium Build 12/21/2012
1,622 Posts
Do you have to have your high beams on and then it switches to low automatically when a car is approaching and then switches them back to high or does it automatically just switch between low and high without selecting high beams first?

·
Registered
2014 ATS 2.0 Crimson Sport
178 Posts
It does work but I found that is all depends on where you drive. It usually only turns on the highs when you are in a darker area than normal with no traffic. I moved recently but I still drive to work at the same time and my highs haven't turned on since I moved. They used to turn on in certain spots at my old place. Maybe you're just driving in an area where the system doesn't think it's dark enough to turn on the highs.

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
rsingl said:
The intellibeam system can be turned off in the vehicle personalization settings. Assuming you have CUE on the home page choose settings then vehicle and then lighting and you will find automatic high beam operation on/off. Turn it on here and then it will work as the manual suggests. When operational you will see a headlight indicator with an A imbedded in it displayed on the instrument panel. It works quite well.
This is great thanks so much !! I will try that. I have this feature in my other Caddys but it was a simple button on the mirror.

·
Registered
2014 ATS 3.6 Premium RWD, 2016 Corvette Z06, 2018 GMC Sierra Denali 2500HD Diesel
2,664 Posts
DG2, you are welcome! The current manuals haven't kept up with presenting the increasing array of features, particularly customizable items, in a user friendly fashion.

·
Registered
2019 Mercedes E450 Cabriolet, previous 2013 ATS 2.0T AWD, 1973 Corvette 454
2,363 Posts
Has anyone ever come up with the software to activate it in the 2013 models? For whatever reason it is technically on the early 2013 model, but disabled at the last minute before production.

·
Registered
2019 CTS
2,898 Posts
The manual says to test if the system is functioning properly; while the car is running, turn on your high beams then off and on again within 5 seconds. The high beam indicator will illuminate with a small "a"
in the center. Of course the headlight switch has to be set to AUTO.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts