Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
None - 2007 Range Rover
1,452 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am thinking of buying a new cold air intake for my 2005 Escalade. I really don't know what to get. I have been told that the AEM Brute Force is a great cold air intake. If anyone has any suggestions, please post because I am looking to do this immediatly.

Thanks.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Wow I'm online right now looking for an air intake. I just ordered a K&N intake and a Airrad throttle spacer the other night(on ebay) and just realized today that they are not compatible. I guess I'll send the KN back and get a Airrad intake so I can have both. I read that the Brute is a good one also. Are you doing any other performance upgrades? I was thinking, a new chip and possibly and exhaust later on, in addition to the intake and throttle spacer. Do you know anything about throttle spacers? I'm not sure if I should do the spacer.
Thanks for any feedback

·
Registered
None - 2007 Range Rover
1,452 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Haha! I was also thinking about doing more performance modifications as well. I'm also going to get exhaust. I was wondering if Borla was compatible? I think it is and I really love how it sounds. Like I said, I want to get a AEM Brute Force intake. I also want to look into a supercharger and a chip as well. It's going to take some time for me to acquire all of this, but it's a start. If you have any ideas for me, please let me know.

Thanks.

·
Registered
None - 2007 Range Rover
1,452 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
jahngga said:
I have the DUBair intake. It's not bad I guess. IMO, they're all the same.
How much did you pay for your DUB air intake and what kind of performance upgrade did it give you? Other than that, looks great.

Thanks.

·
Registered
2012 Escalade, 2014 SRX
13,353 Posts
I have had many K&N FIPK's and they were very loud, I am using a Volant air intake, it looks stock, gives great performance, I would get a Volant or Vararam.

·
Super Moderator
2018 GMC Sierra, 1995 Jeep Wrangler
12,114 Posts
Before you buy please do a search here in these forums. There are dozens of threads on cold air intakes that you can use to help decide which to buy.....or not to buy at all. Good luck.

·
Registered
03 ESV
114 Posts
Just installed the K + N series 77 on my ESV, I like it you could tell the differance. Its quiet until you stomp on it and then you can feel and hear it. The K + N along with my flowmaster exhaust helped out but some people say its to loud. Personal peferance I guess, They still have it on sale at WWW.autoanything.com for $216 with shipping. Good deal

·
Registered
None - 2007 Range Rover
1,452 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I was looking at some AEM Cold Air Intakes. I have heard that they are great. I will look into the K&N and see what the difference is. What kind of performance upgrade did you receive from the intake?

Thanks.

·
Registered
109 Posts
05 Cadillac Escalade said:
What did the Volant do for the performance of the truck? Any horsepower increase?

Thanks.
well I did that and the exhaust at the same time, so yeah.
It sounds good too. Not too loud, but when you step on it , sounds good

·
Registered
None - 2007 Range Rover
1,452 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
hcvone said:
I did my exhaust, intake and computer tuning at the same time, big increase in performance.
What do you mean when you say computer tuning? Did you chip it? What kind of changes did all this make because I am looking into doing the same thing as you did, eventually adding a supercharger?

Thanks.

·
Registered
2012 Escalade, 2014 SRX
13,353 Posts
05 Cadillac Escalade said:
What do you mean when you say computer tuning? Did you chip it? What kind of changes did all this make because I am looking into doing the same thing as you did, eventually adding a supercharger?
Thanks.
I was send a Preditor programmer, it did a good job, then had my computer reprogrammed with LS1 Edit, a computer programmer and a Zaino customer of mine has an 03' Escalade like mine, he let me drive his truck and later that day he did my computer, even better performance than with the Preditor.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts