Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2016 ATS-V
922 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Curious to see if anyone has contacted their Agent to get a quote on Insurance for the ATS-V. They won't have a VIN for most of us but they can still get close. I'd like to see how my State Farm policy stacks up. I know a lot of variables (age, credit, multi veh disc, multi line, etc) but I would think we all should be within $100-150.00 for a 6 mo policy.

·
Registered
2016 CTS-V
308 Posts
It can't be worse than a CTS-V. If anything, I'd say it would be a bit cheaper. Smaller car, less power, cheaper.

·
Registered
'16 CTS V-Sport Black/'16 CTS Luxury w/V-Sport Pkg White
5,784 Posts
my best friend in high school used to help coach little league and one of his players was a few years behind us at our high school .... He is the son of a very prominent heart surgeon in town so when he turned 16 getting a nice car was a foregone conclusion....here's what happened...

The kid wanted more than anything to get a mustang gt (this is the late 80's when this occurred) so his parent agreed....that is until they saw how the family's insurance got jacked up giving a 16 year old a v8 sports/muscle car....

Solution? They bought him a brand new E30 M3......for some strange reason their insurance classified the bmw as a 4 cylinder sedan vs 8 cylinder sports car and the insurance was way cheaper......never mind that the car was $36,000 vs $14,000 for the mustang or that they were just as fast as each other or that repairs for a car with an f1 derived engine were insane.....crazy

·
Registered
2016 ATS-V
922 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah...that is nuts. I already have a quote from my current company. I was just curios if anyone else had called to get an idea as well. Full coverage 1k deductible they are at $656.00 every 6 mo. Without a VIN its just a close estimate.

·
Registered
2016 ATS-V
922 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I checked with my insurance guy who told me $475 for 6 mos.
Yeah just dropped my State Farm policy that I've had for almost 15 years. Found a deal with Hartford I just couldn't refuse. Cut my insurance in half for my other 2 vehicles! Guess I should have looked into a change a long time ago. That's fairly close to what Hartford gave me as well without having a VIN for an exact quote.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts