Cadillac Owners Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am having an issue finding the name or part number of the insulation fabric/material underneath the spare tire tub in the trunk. I was transporting crab in the trunk (in a cooler) that tipped over and drained into the tub and then into this material. I am trying to get the smell out of it but just in case I’d like to order a new one. I Would appreciate any help. Photo attached
Vehicle Car Trunk Automotive exterior Auto part

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Just stop in your local Cadillac Parts and they should fix you up. I think I would use old one as 'template' and just 'roll your own' from sound deadening material available on-line.
Thank you for the advice, I’ll use it as a template if I get the smell out of it. I attempted to call GM parts center but no answer due to COVID. I’ll stop by the dealer if it doesn’t work out

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
UPDATE: I managed to get the smell out of it by cleaning it with an odor/stain remover product and sucking it up with a bissel (carefully). I have learned my lesson and ordered a waterproof cover for the trunk floor :cool:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts