Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
Cadillac
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a '91 Eldorado and nothing on the dash is working. I have no control over heat - a/c, no idea how fast I'm going, no idea how much fuel, etc. I have checked the fuses and everything there seems ok. What else can I Do?? Thanks in advance...

·
Registered
Cadillac
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nothing specific really. It had been doing this for a while but previously it would happen for a few minutes then everything would start working fine again. This time, I was driving, everything was working and then everthing (inst. panel) stopped working. Car still ran and all but no instrumentation.

·
Registered
1926 Model T street rod, 2000 Jaguar XJ8, 1999 Corvette.
6,738 Posts
If its like a 1990, there is a metal box labeled "central power supply" located above the gas pedal behind the under dash cover. With the under dash cover removed you should see it mounted vertically above the gas pedal held to a bracket with 2 10mm nuts. Loosen the nuts, lift it off the bracket and let it dangle down. Wiggle the multi wire connector and slap the box with your open hand and see if illumination blinks on. If it does, then disconnect it (IGNITION OFF!) and inspect the connector for backed out pins or corrosion. If all looks ok, then replace the central power supply. Was used in Seville and Eldo. And please understand this is from memory!! So I take no responsibility!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts