Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have information on how to remove the instrument cluster on a 2014 CTS Sedan? My car has the base cluster and I was exploring the option of retrofitting the full LCD cluster into my car. I wanted to see how difficult it was to remove my cluster before going any further.

Thanks

·
Registered
2014 CTS 2.0T AWD Luxury
48 Posts
remove the top leather part

Lower your wheel all the way

The trim around the cluster removes and there are 4 screws that hold it in, remove the cluster

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

The trim around the cluster removes and there are 4 screws that hold it in, remove the cluster
Thanks, what trim around the cluster do I need to remove exactly?

·
Registered
20 Posts
I have asked my dealer this same question and they have never replied to me....i would love to do this myself. Hopefully its a simple plug and play w/ same hookups.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thank God I bought a premium trim and don't have to worry about this mess.
OK, thanks. I didn't buy a premium trim and I'm wondering if the cluster would be plug and play or if there is programming involved. The thing that made me even explore this is how cheap the actual cluster is. If it works with minimal effort great, if not then oh well.

·
Registered
2014 CTS 2.0T AWD Luxury
48 Posts
There is like a black chrome trim around the cluster that is held in by clips........please keep this updated

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks. The cluster is cheap enough that I think I may give this a try. The only thing I'm worried about is if the LCD cluster has to be programed to work with the car. I don't know if the dealer will be helpful with this.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I found a cheap LCD instrument cluster and bought it. I will install it and post my results.

·
Registered
2014 CTS VSport white tri coat/cashmere interior
291 Posts
I'm interested in this swap too! Once you figure it out, please post some pics.

·
Registered
1980 Cadillac Coupe Deville
45 Posts

I have the top leather part loose but the middle is still attached how does that middle part come loose ?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts