Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here are some pics that demonstrate how to use clay and a Dual Action Porter Cable. See how you should flatten the clay afer you take it out of the package? You can see me using lots of soap and spray and shine to lub the clay. ALWAYS CLAY BEFORE BUFFING!

The DAPC is easy to use, you can apply the product on the pad first or directly on the car. Pads are color coded for cutting/polishing and finishing.

For cleaners and polishes work the product one section at a time till the area is almost dry (stop before it gets dry) proceed to remove product with a micro fiber towel.

For paint sealant aplication, apply over entire car, allow to cure for at least 20 min, remove with MF. If you have more questions on car care visit me at www.perfectautofinish.com Gary p.s. who is that guy with the big nose????

·
Registered
1988 SDV; 1997 SDV D'Elegance
1,401 Posts
Good info as usual, Turbo - especially showing the AMOUNT of product to use - less is more, if you are using as quality product.

One thing re: the claying that I do, is that when the claybar has seen all the action it's ever gonna see as far as paint is concenred, I hang onto them and use them on the outside of the windows, c/w lots of lubrication - they are "aces" for removing any residue that you can't get off by other means - they make short work of contaminents and they also remove that "lace curtain" effect that can remain on the surface from some windshield washer fluids.

Just a helpful, parsimonious-type hint,,,,,,,,,

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Frost, great tip. I wish I had time to post my entire 2 hour clinics I host around the midwest. I'm thinking of making a video next year if time allows. should be a nice project. Gary

1 - 4 of 4 Posts