Cadillac Owners Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
2011, Cadillac SRX Luxury
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an NVX XLCA2 two channel line out-put digital bass enhancer and I can't find anything on the web to show me how to hook this thing up. I want to hook up two amps, first amp going to my two kenwood 12 inch subs, a PrecisionPower TRAX1.1200D 1 channel amp, 2 amp going to the front, rear and tailgate 6.5 kenwood speakers, PrecisionPower TRAX 41200D 4 channel amp and the NVX XLCA two channel line out-put bass enhancer to conncet everything. I have everything I need, I think. I have the 0 gauge wire, the fused power splitter and fuse ground splitter, all the speaker wire and rca's. I also have a Scosshe LOC2SL line out converter. I don't know do I bypass the factory amp and tie everything into that or what do I do?? I am very good at installing amps and subs, but for some reason I can't find any info on installing this in a 2011 Cadillac SRX. Can some body please help me out or point me in the right direction?? Thanks

· Administrator
2002 F55 STS, 2014 Explorer XLT, F-150
79,975 Posts
Talk to the guys at Crutchfield. You probably need special harnesses and jumpers to work around the car theft, TheftLock, security, and serial data bus systems in the original HU which is programmed for THAT vehicle's VIN and options.

· Registered
2002 DHS 2000 GMC Jimmy 1999 STS
356 Posts
It sounds like you already have what you need. The NVX XLCA2 is a line output converter. The gist of installing it is that you have to tap into some of the original speaker lines. Then the NVX XLCA2 should give RCA style preamp outputs like a aftermarket stereo would. As for bypassing the bose amp you probably don't need to unless you want to replace the door speakers as well.

· Registered
2011, Cadillac SRX Luxury
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes, I am replacing the front, rear and tailgate speakers with Kenwood 6.5 300 watts, KFC-1666S, and I'm also replacing the tweeters with Kenwood and I believe I ordered one for the center front dash as well.....,so basically replacing all speakers. Now I need to hook the 4 channel amp up to the tweeters and door speakers and leave my 12's hooked up to my 1 channel, correct?? I have installed 2, hell even four amps in one vehicle but never messed with the tweeters and didn't have 8 speakers in the vehicle as well...lol. Hey, even if you don't answer back, you don't know how much I appreciate the input because you tube has every vehicle but mine and I just want to get this right and don't have the money to pay an install store to do it....lol. Thanks again,

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.