Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently bought an OEM radio/cd player for my 99 Deville off of EBay. Unfortunately I didn't do my homework and it was not compatible since I have the basic radio system with no AMP. All OEM cd/radios are designed for the 11 speaker Active Audio system. Now I understand why none of them sell for more than 50 bucks on EBAY.(actually most don't even get a bid)

Of course the easiest way is to buy a cd changer but I didn't want to eat the radio/cd and it also had some nice features like DPS and RPS. Well too make a long story short I found the AMP and speakers in a junkyard and successfully wired in the new radio/cd Player.It is very time consuming and you have to be comfortable with electrical prints but it can be done.

I also found out that the new cd player was compatible with a 1997 amp and a 1995 amp.

I don't recommend this for most folks but if anyone wants an OEM cd player inside the car or upgrade to the Active Audio system it can be done. If anyone is interested in any of the lessons I learned the hard way, I would be happy to help.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi I just bought a cd radio head unit off ebay, thinking that you would just have to plug the antenna in the back and connect the speaker wires. Not that easy I see now, I am having a hard time finding any information on wiring diagrams and tuner amp compatility. The model #1613906 it is supposed to fit any 95 96 model years. I called all my local used part dealers with no luck. Any help would be great.....Thanks...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts