Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay so im having all new cooling hoses installed on the car the question is the old clamps are kind of rusty and old so i want to replace all of them with better screw type but im not sure what sizes i need for the different hoses heres the GM diagram and clamps with there numbers need to know the sizes for all of them thanks

outlet hose clamp to tank (1 needed part #20)

outlet hose clamp to outlet pipe (1 needed part #21)

connector hose clamp to outlet pipe (1 needed part #24)

connector hose clamp to heater pipe (1 needed part #25)

hose clamp (5 needed part #30)

upper hose clamp (2 needed part #33)

upper hose retainer (1 needed part #35)

also part #37 looks like lower hose clamps 2 of them but not for sale from GM parts house what size are they aswell?

View attachment 103002

·
Registered
2001 Seville STS, 1990 Seville (RIP), 1972 Sedan Deville
26,323 Posts
Are you buying and/or installing the hoses? Just take the new ones with you when you buy the clamps.

If a shop's doing it, let them figure it out.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thats true waiting for the hoses to come in figured i do them since im draining the coolent (Its that time again :D) i guess i can just take the hoses to the store to figure which ones i need never did them so didnt know what size clamps i needed for the hidden hoses thanks moist

·
Super Moderator
White Diamond '03 DHS (with DTS floor shift)
86,781 Posts
Just because the clamps are a little rusty doesn't mean that they need to be replaced.

·
Registered
1979 Coupe deVille, 1995 Sedan DeVille (sold)
1,846 Posts
They only use the spring type because it is easier and faster to install on the assembly line.

·
Super Moderator
White Diamond '03 DHS (with DTS floor shift)
86,781 Posts

·
Registered
No more Cadillacs
680 Posts
Ranger is correct, I've never seen the factory spring type fail, but I have had newer screw in style hose clamps loosen up. I replaced all the hoses including the heater hoses at the firewall in 3 early 2000 Devilles using the special tool you can buy for $30 or so. I'll never go back to screw type hoseclamps.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts