Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello I’m trying to install a schoche loc2sl by tapping into the rear deck speakers. I have 2 12’ alpines on a 1500watt amp. I know this setup works brother had it before me. I also want to add a switch to be able to turn on and off the amplifier as I choose.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I dont get sound from my subs only from my original speakers minus the rear deck since I have em disconnected, my amp turns on and off manually with a toggle switch

·
Registered
382 Posts
No idea. I'm not sure this is so much an issue specific to Cadillacs as it would be to those familiar with general installation of aftermarket stereos.

·
Registered
450 Posts
I dont get sound from my subs only from my original speakers minus the rear deck since I have em disconnected, my amp turns on and off manually with a toggle switch
you have to leave the original sub that your tapping into wired into the system or install a resistor in place of the original sub or it wont put out a signal to the loc
your original output to the factory sub needs to see resistance

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I figured it out thank you but how can I run the power wire from the battery in the hood to the trunk. I can’t seem to find a hole in the wire wall to run it inside, I currently have it underneath the car but I can’t tuck it all the way up and it’s a bit ghetto, any ideas?

·
Registered
450 Posts
I figured it out thank you but how can I run the power wire from the battery in the hood to the trunk. I can’t seem to find a hole in the wire wall to run it inside, I currently have it underneath the car but I can’t tuck it all the way up and it’s a bit ghetto, any ideas?
simple drill a hole in the firewall ( be very carefull where u drill ) use a rubber grommet and silicone around the hole where the cable goes thru,

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
About this Discussion
8 Replies
3 Participants
houg